This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 30, 2004 8:27 AM by 807581 RSS

Using map file from Mercator in ECXpert

807581 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all,

I am using the Mercator map file in the Mercator example (<Mercator install dir>\Examples\XML\XML2EDI\ XML2EDI.mms) and convert the map file to Solaris platform map file (XML2EDI.sun) using Mercator Map Designer.

After that the .sun map file is used in ECXpert. The input file is poin.xml. The transaction is not succesful and error occurs as the require stylesheet base directory not found.

The stylesheet directory can be set in the /<install dir>/NS-apps/ECXpert/data/stylesheet/ecxstylesheet.xml, but the problem is for this map file (.sun), the stylesheet is not used.
Question:
1.Does map file (.sun) need a stylesheet?
2.Does this stylesheet need to be created?
3.What are the requirements to use the .sun map file (that is converted from.mms for xml input file)?

Do appreciate your response. Thanks.

Regards,
Mei Ling
  • 1. Re: Using map file from Mercator in ECXpert
    807581 Newbie
    Mei Ling,

Looks like you are selecting XML as your partnership type. If you are going to use Mercator for XML translations, you should be able to use Application to Application type of partnership.

Now for the answers to your questions-

1.Does map file (.sun) need a stylesheet?

No.

2.Does this stylesheet need to be created?

No. A stylesheet is only required if you are going to use ECXperts XML capabilities to:

a) Determine the sender, receiver and document type.
    b) Use XSLT to translate the XML message using built-in transformer and not Mercator.

3.What are the requirements to use the .sun map file (that is converted from.mms for xml input file)?

Just follow the standard way as you would for say a flat file. I think you are using XML-to-XML as your partnership type. Try using Application-to-Application if that is the case.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Saket
  • 2. Re: Using map file from Mercator in ECXpert
    807581 Newbie
    Hi Saket,

Thanks for ur reply.

I have change the partnership type to normal type (Application to Apllication), but still having the same problem which it always looking for a stylesheet.

Seems like i am using the ECXpert XML capabilities as well even though i have change to Application to Application in the partnership.

Question:
    How do i use Mercator in ECXpert? Is this the right way by simply convert a Mercator map file to (.sun) and put it into the map file path of ECXpert and creating partnership and services for it?

Appreaciate for ur response.

Regards,
    Mei Ling
  • 3. Re: Using map file from Mercator in ECXpert
    807581 Newbie
    Mei Ling,

See inline for comments...

Regards,
    Saket
    Hi Saket,

Thanks for ur reply.

I have change the partnership type to normal type
    (Application to Apllication), but still having the
    same problem which it always looking for a
    stylesheet.

Seems like i am using the ECXpert XML capabilities as
    well even though i have change to Application to
    Application in the partnership.
    You probably need to describe what you are doing in greater detail here. Looks like a configuration issue to me. Also, what version of ECX are you using? And what is the version of the Mercator Design Studio (including the patch number/build number)?

If you can provide me with more details of the steps you are doing to set this up, I may be able to help you better.

>
    Question:
    How do i use Mercator in ECXpert? Is this the right
    way by simply convert a Mercator map file to (.sun)
    and put it into the map file path of ECXpert and
    creating partnership and services for it?
    That is correct. Don't see anything obviously wrong here. You have to watch out for the version of your Design Studio and the Mercator runtime though. Have you opened a case with Sun Tech Support for this? If not, I suggest you do so.

>
    Appreaciate for ur response.

Regards,
    Mei Ling
  • 4. Re: Using map file from Mercator in ECXpert
    807581 Newbie
    Hi Saket,

The ECXpert version is 3.6.1
    The Mercator Design Studio version is 5.0 (629)

I have the issue documented down do u have email address that i can sent to u?

Regards,
    Mei Ling

• 5. Re: Using map file from Mercator in ECXpert
    807581 Newbie
    Hi Saket,

The problem solved.
    The service 'Parse' are not suppose to be used in the service list. Only 'Translate' and 'Gateway' are used.

Thanks,
    Mei Ling
  • 6. Using mercator map designer
    807581 Newbie
    do you have any detail document about mercator map designer?
    if you help me, I wil be happy.
    regards,