3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2003 6:06 PM by 18475

Regestered 11i in portal as External application but..........

Hai,
      I regestered Oracle 11i as external application to portal.
      It is working succesfully but it is showing username and password on the url when clicks on the external application link.
      Any idea to hide user name and password is highly appriciated.
      Regards,
      Sreenivas Reddy
        • 1. Re: Regestered 11i in portal as External application but..........
          Hello,

Could you please be more specific about the version that you are using (11i and iAS) ?

In the FAQ about Oracle9iAS and Oracle 11i you have some information about the External Application integration see metalink note: 186981.1

Regards
          Tug
          • 2. Re: Regestered 11i in portal as External application but..........
            Hai Tug,
            We r usign apps 11.5.3 and 9iAS 9.0.2.0.1.
            Portal 9.0.2.2.14a.
            I regesterd apps as External application to portal and supplied username and password fields.
            It is regestered succesfully and the external application link is working fine.
            When I fisttime accessed link it asked for username and password.
            I could logged in successfully to apps but the user name and pasword r appearing on the address bar of apps page.
            Even my.oracle which is configured bydefault during portal installation is showing user name and password on the addressbar.
            Is there a way to hide them from appearing in address bar.

regards,
            sreenivas
            • 3. Re: Regestered 11i in portal as External application but..........
              Hello,

I guess your external application is registered using a GET method to send the login information, so the username and the password are sent in the URL but the password should be encrypted.

To avoid to see the login information you can switch the logon method from GET to POST so the SSO Server will use a POST.

Regards
              Tugdual Grall