3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2008 4:38 AM by 807581 RSS

Problem creating Default Web Module in Virtual Server if depoyed within EAR

I am running SJSAS 9.1U1, and have a servlet (WAR) contained within an EAR. I need to access this web application from the context root "/", i.e. just using a server address & port so my sun-web.xml file for the servlet contains
      <context-root>/</context-root>
      I deployed the EAR to the app server, configured a HTTP listener and a virtual server. However when I try to set the default web module in the virtual server I get an error in the server log:

com.sun.enterprise.admin.event.AdminEventListenerException
      LifecycleException: java.lang.Exception: No context matching / deployed on virtual server TransportVS at com.sun.enterprise.web.reconfig.ReconfigListener.handleUpdate(ReconfigListener.java:466) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) at com.sun.enterprise.admin.event.BaseAdminEventHandler.invokeNotification(BaseAdminEventHandler.java:90) at com.sun.enterprise.admin.event.BaseAdminEventHandler.invokeNotification(BaseAdminEventHandler.java:81) at ...

This worked fine under SJSAS8.1, and it also works fine if I deploy the WAR outside of the EAR.