4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 20, 2008 11:59 PM by 807581 RSS

sun-passthrough not being loaded

environment: IIS5.0 as web server & sun java application server 7.0 as the back end. they reside in two different physical servers. sun-passthrough.dll fails to be loaded as ISAPI filter in iis.

in development environment, IIS & sun one application server reside in the same box. in this environment, we were able to load sun-passthrough in IIS.

any thoughts on why the proxy dll is not being loaded, while the box doesn't have sun one installed? any help is highly appreciated - jay
        • 1. Re: sun-passthrough not being loaded
          well! looks like sun-passthrough.dll needs the following, along with it. icuin2.dll, icuuc2.dll, icudt2.dll & nsprwrap.dll
          i dont know why it was not packaged together, anyways....
          • 2. Re: sun-passthrough not being loaded
            I also can't get the Isapi dll to load. These additional dll's you listed have to be in the Inetpub\wwwroot\sun-passthrough directory?

I've found these dll's on my machine except for nsprwrap.dll. Where do I get that from?

Thanks.
            • 3. Re: sun-passthrough not being loaded
              Was there any resolution on this issue? I cannot get the ISAPI filter to load either. I am using IIS 6, Windows 2K3.

Thanks,
              • 4. Re: sun-passthrough not being loaded
                I also hit the same problem as you guys, i have a Windows 2003 with IIS 6.0 installed and trying to use the load balancer plugin in the IIS, but after i have configured the IIS to use the load balancer plugin, i found the sun-passthrough plugin was not loaded.

I just wonder does anyone able to get the load balancer to work on the IIS...

the only important stuff, i need to mention here is the Sun Java Application Server is running on the different machine then the IIS box.

Is anyone able to get the plugin working for the IIS and the Sun Java Application Server running on the same machine?