1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 12, 2005 1:43 AM by 807581

Integrate p6SPY with Sun Java System Application Server 7 ...?

Dear PALs,
      Let me know how can I Integrate p6SPY (w3.p6spy.com) with "Sun Java System Application Server 7 2004Q2" on Windows ?

When I try to follow the steps given at http://www.p6spy.com/documentation/install.htm#unspec ,my server throws
      -------------
      INFO ( 1820): JMS5035: Timed out after 30000 milliseconds while trying to verify if the JMS service startup succeeded.
      INFO ( 1820): JMS5036: More details may be available in the log file for the JMS service broker instance domain1_server1. Please refer to the JMS provider documentation for the exact location of this log file.
      [27/Dec/2004:18:37:35] SEVERE ( 1820): JMS5024: JMS service startup failed.
      [27/Dec/2004:18:37:35] SEVERE ( 1820): CORE5071: An error occured during initialization
      com.sun.appserv.server.ServerLifecycleException: [C4003]: Error occurred on connection creation [NARAYANA:7676]. - cause: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
           at com.iplanet.ias.jms.JmsProviderLifecycle.onInitialization(JmsProviderLifecycle.java:247)
           at com.iplanet.ias.server.ApplicationServer.onInitialization(ApplicationServer.java:224)
           at com.iplanet.ias.server.J2EERunner.confPreInit(J2EERunner.java:114)
      Caused by: com.sun.appserv.server.ServerLifecycleException: [C4003]: Error occurred on connection creation [NARAYANA:7676]. - cause: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
           at com.iplanet.ias.jms.JmsProviderLifecycle.onInitialization(JmsProviderLifecycle.java:231)
           ... 2 more
      ------------------------

expecting sagacious reply......

thanks,
      SIMPLEbnm
        • 1. Re: Integrate p6SPY with Sun Java System Application Server 7 ...?
          Hi,

You can set the p6SPY on Sun Java System Application Server as follows.

Create a connection pool using Admin Console, please don't specify any database vendor. Then use the following properties.

Data Source Class Name : com.p6spy.engine.spy.P6DataSource

Resource Type : javax.sql.DataSource

and then provide the following property.

user, password and url. Make sure you add the p6spy.jar and properties file to the classpath.

Try to ping the connection pool, and it should work.