2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2005 6:51 PM by 807581

Application Server Failover

Hi,

I have successfully installed Sun Java System Application Server Enterprise Edition 8.1 2005Q1. Now I�m trying to configure Application server failover with Sun Cluster. To do that I need to create new application server instance.
      I have created new node agent, new cluster and instance, started node agent, but when I try to start instance I have message:
      [
      #|2005-08-08T01:26:45.116+1000|WARNING|sun-appserver-ee8.1|javax.ee.enterprise.system.tools.admin|_ThreadID=22;|EEADM0002
      :An exception occurred starting the server instance server1.
      com.sun.enterprise.ee.admin.servermgmt.AgentException: com.sun.enterprise.admin.servermgmt.InstanceException: Timeout wait
      ing for server instance server1 to go to starting state.
              at com.sun.enterprise.ee.nodeagent.NodeAgent.startInstance(NodeAgent.java:645)
              at com.sun.enterprise.ee.nodeagent.NodeAgent.startInstance(NodeAgent.java:257)
              at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
              at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
      �
      �
      Any ideas, suggestions, as this should be a simple task, and I�m not sure what I�m doing wrong.

Thank you in advance,

Tanja

I
        • 1. Re: Application Server Failover
          i also trying to creating the clusters configuration, i am getting this error,

[#|2005-08-19T16:08:53.740+0530|WARNING|sun-appserver-ee8.1|javax.enterprise.system.tools.admin.server.mbeans.J2EEServer:instance2|_ThreadID=10;|java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: []
          com.sun.appserv.management.util.misc.SetUtil.getSingleton(SetUtil.java:34)
          com.sun.enterprise.management.j2ee.DASJ2EEServerImpl.setDelegate(DASJ2EEServerImpl.java:177)
          com.sun.enterprise.management.j2ee.DASJ2EEServerImpl.handleNotification(DASJ2EEServerImpl.java:150)
          com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor$ListenerWrapper.handleNotification(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:1652)
          javax.management.NotificationBroadcasterSupport.handleNotification(NotificationBroadcasterSupport.java:221)
          javax.management.NotificationBroadcasterSupport.sendNotification(NotificationBroadcasterSupport.java:184)
          com.sun.enterprise.admin.mbeans.DomainStatus.sendServerStatusChangedNotification(DomainStatus.java:134)
          com.sun.enterprise.admin.mbeans.DomainStatus.setstate(DomainStatus.java:86)
          sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
          sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
          sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
          java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
          com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.StandardMetaDataImpl.invoke(StandardMetaDataImpl.java:414)
          com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MetaDataImpl.invoke(MetaDataImpl.java:220)
          com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:815)
          com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:784)
          sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor31.invoke(Unknown Source)
          sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
          java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
          com.sun.enterprise.admin.util.proxy.ProxyClass.invoke(ProxyClass.java:54)
          $Proxy1.invoke(Unknown Source)
          com.sun.enterprise.admin.server.core.jmx.SunoneInterceptor.invoke(SunoneInterceptor.java:272)
          javax.management.MBeanServerInvocationHandler.invoke(MBeanServerInvocationHandler.java:201)
          $Proxy10.setstate(Unknown Source)
          com.sun.enterprise.admin.mbeans.DomainStatusHelper.setstate(DomainStatusHelper.java:53)
          com.sun.enterprise.ee.admin.cascading.CascadingLifecycleImpl.cascadeInstance(CascadingLifecycleImpl.java:387)
          com.sun.enterprise.ee.admin.cascading.CascadingLifecycleImpl.cascadeInstances(CascadingLifecycleImpl.java:194)
          com.sun.enterprise.ee.admin.cascading.CascadingLifecycleImpl.onReady(CascadingLifecycleImpl.java:102)
          com.sun.enterprise.server.ApplicationServer.onReady(ApplicationServer.java:388)
          com.sun.enterprise.server.PEMain.run(PEMain.java:302)
          com.sun.enterprise.server.PEMain.main(PEMain.java:220)
          |#]

help me..
          thanks
          • 2. Re: Application Server Failover
            Tanja,

Can you look at the node agent log file and the server instance log file and see if they report any error message. To find the log files, use the following steps --

1. On the machine where node agent is running, look at INSTALl_DIR/config/asenv.conf and look at the value of AS_DEF_DOMAINS_PATH.
            2. Then cd to $AS_DEF_DOMAINS_PATH/../nodeagents
            3. Node agent log file would be <node-agent-name>/agent/logs/server.log
            4. Server instance log file would be
            <node-agent-name>/<instance-name>/logs/server.log