1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 18, 2006 11:47 AM by 807581 RSS

Sun One Application Server 7 classloader issue

Hi all,
      I created a war file from Eclipse and deployed it to Sun One application Server 7. During context initialize I got this:

stdout: 19:52:06,424 ERROR [ContextLoader] Context initialization failed
      stdout: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: stdout: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Native Library C:\Sun\AppServer7\bin\cis.dll already loaded in another classloader

I have only one Sun One App server 7 running instance with one application deployed on it.The same application works withouth any problems under Tomcat 4.2. I tried with <class-loader delegate="true"/> in the sun-web.xml. Now the error above does not come but container is not able to find and load any class under WEB-INF/lib folder. It throws ClassNotFound exception. But all necessary jar files are in the WEB-INF/lib folder.

Can somebody helps me to resolve this issue ?

• 1. Re: Sun One Application Server 7 classloader issue
          Assuming that you are not trying to load cis.dll yourself (it is very unlikely). Here are some hints on where to look for problems.

You seem to be initializing a new ORB client during your context initialization, resulting in attempt to load cis.dll (which is internally used by ORB). Of course, the error goes away when you set delegate=true in sun-web.xml because the system classloader is used to load ORB and cis.dll is found in that class loader.

As for not finding class files from jars in WEB-INF/lib, that is not an expected behavior but maybe some more information on the what is on your filesystem under applications directory and the entry for the application in server.xml file along with the error message in server.log file will likely give some clues.