This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
I had this problem, but never got file not found error. The problem was that
the static html wasnt getting parsed even after enabling the Parse HTML option
I would get some junk on the screen along with the other html tags getting
rendered correctly. My dev. environ. is iWS and iAS sp2.
I know that some people were having problems including html pages into their
jsps and such (Error: 404 SC_NOT_FOUND null). If anyone is still having
this problem just let me know and I will post a patch, that I built, and an
explanation to this newsgroup which will definitely fix the problem.
Okay here's the patch and how to use it first.
The patch has been included with this mail. It is called
ias_sp3_patch1.jar. Take this file and place it somewhere on the machine
that iPlanet is located on. I made a directory on my workstation under
D:\iplanet\ias6 called patches but you can put it where ever you like. Then
you must edit the iplanet classpath so that it is the first thing found.
Under NT/2000 you use kregedit to enter the iPlanet registery. Then go to
SOFTWARE\iPlanet\Application Server\6.0\Java. Under that entry there will
be a value called ClassPath. Edit this value so that the patch jar is the
first thing in the path. On my machine that would make it
ClassPath=D:\iplanet\ias6\patches\ias_sp3_patch1.jar;........... (the dots,
of course are the previous values). The same procedure applies for UNIX
except that the classpath will be edited differently. (More than likely by
editing the kjs script or whatever script you have set up). And that's all
there is to it. You should now be able to start up iPlanet in the normal
way and include all the html files you want.
Now here's a brief explanation.
If you were to take a simple jsp with contents such as:
<jsp:include page="page1.html" flush="true"/>
<jsp:include page="page2.htm" flush="true"/>
you would notice that the first page was successfully included but the next
page displays with an Error: 404 SC_NOT_FOUND null. If you reverse the
order of the includes, you will notice that whichever html file comes first
will be successfully included and all subsequent ones will fail.
Now the reason that this is happening is due to the fact that in
PlatformHttpServletRequest there is a method that sets which page needs to
included by setting a parameter called file. Unfortunately, it also sets
this value for some AppLogics stuff and, if in the same page request, it
has had this value set before it appends the values together. So when
StaticServlet looks to see what file it needs to open it gets a problem
after the first include. To make this a little more clear, let's take my
sample jsp code. When the first html file is included the file parameter is
set to page1's location and is included successfully but when the second
html file is included the file parameter is set to page2's location with
page1's location appended to it. This causes StaticServlet to be unable to
find the second html file. As far as what I patched, I placed the fix in
StaticServlet and not in PlatformHttpServletRequest, although that is where
the appending is taking place. The reason for this is because I have to
believe that they are using appended values somewhere (I have not looked
Well if anyone has any further questions they can let me know and I'll try
to help when I get time.
[Attachment ias_sp3_patch1.jar, see below]
We could not find the attachment with this post.
It would be great if you can send the jar ias_sp3_patch1.jar to mail id firstname.lastname@example.org asap.
thanks in adv.
My Name is Ikram Shah.I came across the same error while including second static file.
Could you please send me the patch at my email address