4 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2006 8:12 PM by 807581 RSS

Problem including static html.

I know that some people were having problems including html pages into their
      jsps and such (Error: 404 SC_NOT_FOUND null). If anyone is still having
      this problem just let me know and I will post a patch, that I built, and an
      explanation to this newsgroup which will definitely fix the problem.

Sincerely,

Wolfe
        • 1. Re: Problem including static html.
          Hi Wolfe,

I had this problem, but never got file not found error. The problem was that
          the static html wasnt getting parsed even after enabling the Parse HTML option
          in iWS.
          I would get some junk on the screen along with the other html tags getting
          rendered correctly. My dev. environ. is iWS and iAS sp2.

Regards,
          Amar.

jwolfe101@hotmail.com wrote:
          I know that some people were having problems including html pages into their
          jsps and such (Error: 404 SC_NOT_FOUND null). If anyone is still having
          this problem just let me know and I will post a patch, that I built, and an
          explanation to this newsgroup which will definitely fix the problem.

Sincerely,

Wolfe
          • 2. Re: Problem including static html.
            Okay here's the patch and how to use it first.

The patch has been included with this mail. It is called
            ias_sp3_patch1.jar. Take this file and place it somewhere on the machine
            that iPlanet is located on. I made a directory on my workstation under
            D:\iplanet\ias6 called patches but you can put it where ever you like. Then
            you must edit the iplanet classpath so that it is the first thing found.
            Under NT/2000 you use kregedit to enter the iPlanet registery. Then go to
            SOFTWARE\iPlanet\Application Server\6.0\Java. Under that entry there will
            be a value called ClassPath. Edit this value so that the patch jar is the
            first thing in the path. On my machine that would make it
            ClassPath=D:\iplanet\ias6\patches\ias_sp3_patch1.jar;........... (the dots,
            of course are the previous values). The same procedure applies for UNIX
            except that the classpath will be edited differently. (More than likely by
            editing the kjs script or whatever script you have set up). And that's all
            there is to it. You should now be able to start up iPlanet in the normal
            way and include all the html files you want.

Now here's a brief explanation.

If you were to take a simple jsp with contents such as:

<html>
            <head><title>Test includes</title></head>
            <body>Ho
            <jsp:include page="page1.html" flush="true"/>
            <jsp:include page="page2.htm" flush="true"/>
            </body>
            </html>

you would notice that the first page was successfully included but the next
            page displays with an Error: 404 SC_NOT_FOUND null. If you reverse the
            order of the includes, you will notice that whichever html file comes first
            will be successfully included and all subsequent ones will fail.

Now the reason that this is happening is due to the fact that in
            PlatformHttpServletRequest there is a method that sets which page needs to
            included by setting a parameter called file. Unfortunately, it also sets
            this value for some AppLogics stuff and, if in the same page request, it
            has had this value set before it appends the values together. So when
            StaticServlet looks to see what file it needs to open it gets a problem
            after the first include. To make this a little more clear, let's take my
            sample jsp code. When the first html file is included the file parameter is
            set to page1's location and is included successfully but when the second
            html file is included the file parameter is set to page2's location with
            page1's location appended to it. This causes StaticServlet to be unable to
            find the second html file. As far as what I patched, I placed the fix in
            StaticServlet and not in PlatformHttpServletRequest, although that is where
            the appending is taking place. The reason for this is because I have to
            believe that they are using appended values somewhere (I have not looked
            into this).

Well if anyone has any further questions they can let me know and I'll try
            to help when I get time.

Sincerely,

Wolfe

[Attachment ias_sp3_patch1.jar, see below]
            • 3. Re: Problem including static html.
              Hi ,

We could not find the attachment with this post.
              It would be great if you can send the jar ias_sp3_patch1.jar to mail id mohan_g@imap.cc asap.

thanks in adv.
              Mohan G.
              • 4. Re: Problem including static html.
                Hi,

My Name is Ikram Shah.I came across the same error while including second static file.

Could you please send me the patch at my email address

ikramshah@gmail.com

Thanks,

Ikram