3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 23, 2009 1:28 PM by DrClap RSS

AS400 Toolkit for Java and iSeries Save Files

I am having a lot of troubles trying to get a library from one iSeries to another. I have created two SaveFile objects on both systems and I am able to work with those just fine. But the problem is once the data is in a Save File on the first machine, I can't get it to the Save File on the other system. I have tried doing a savefile.listEntries() into an array of SaveFileEntry Objects, but then I can't put that data down to the other Save File. I also tried creating AS400FTP classes to try to FTP from the one save file to the other but they don't allow you to specify the other system. Has anyone ever done this or could point me in the right direction to research this? Google is bringing up nothing. Thanks for any help.
        • 1. Re: AS400 Toolkit for Java and iSeries Save Files
          Sounds like the question you are asking pertains to IBM’s jt400.jar package which is not part of SUN’s JDK. You may need to ask this over at IBM’s site.
          • 2. Re: AS400 Toolkit for Java and iSeries Save Files
            BTW a link to API for V5R2:

[http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/info/rzahh/javadoc/index.html|http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/info/rzahh/javadoc/index.html]

Edited by: cdc123 on Nov 23, 2009 10:29 AM
            • 3. Re: AS400 Toolkit for Java and iSeries Save Files
              DrClap
              Fooch wrote:
              I am having a lot of troubles trying to get a library from one iSeries to another. I have created two SaveFile objects on both systems and I am able to work with those just fine. But the problem is once the data is in a Save File on the first machine, I can't get it to the Save File on the other system. I have tried doing a savefile.listEntries() into an array of SaveFileEntry Objects, but then I can't put that data down to the other Save File. I also tried creating AS400FTP classes to try to FTP from the one save file to the other but they don't allow you to specify the other system.
              I would run a program on the first system which uses FTP to send the save file to the second system. If you're trying to say that the AS400FTP class doesn't allow you to specify the host you want to connect to (the second system in this case) I would submit that you're wrong.