3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2009 4:20 AM by 807588 RSS

Profiling a remote java application

First of all i want to say the technologies i use:Eclipse , Java ,
      I made a debug on a remote java application, which runs on a hp ux server.For this i went to debug dialog -> Remote Java application and i introduced:
      - at Hostname:172.26 ......( IP address of the server where the application runs) and at he port number 8000. Works perfect.I started also the agent controller
      with the default configuration(port 10006).

Then i wanted to make profiling on this application. I installed what i had: EMF 2.3.0 and agent Controller from the address http://www.eclipse.org/tptp/home/downloads/?ver=4.4.0.
      If i run the SampleClient as in the agent controller documentation ,the example work(I received the expected message).
      In Eclipse right click onthe application ->profile as ->open profile dialog .Here i have to fill in :
      - "host name or IP address" (here i think it should be IP of the server:172.26.... where the application runs)
      - "agent controller port" :the default port which is 10006. Then i enter profile.
      But appears an unexpected error:
      org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException
      Agent Controller is unavailable under port 10002. Make sure that the service is started and the port number is correct under preferences.

org.eclipse.tptp.platform.execution.exceptions.AgentControllerUnavailableException
      at org.eclipse.tptp.platform.jvmti.client.internal.launcher.util.AgentControllerDelegate.getConnection(AgentControllerDelegate.java:226)
      at org.eclipse.tptp.platform.jvmti.client.internal.launcher.util.AgentControllerDelegate.getConnection(AgentControllerDelegate.java:71)
      at org.eclipse.tptp.platform.jvmti.client.internal.launcher.TIDelegateHelper.connectToAgentController(TIDelegateHelper.java:388)
      at org.eclipse.tptp.platform.jvmti.client.internal.launcher.TIDelegateHelper.launch(TIDelegateHelper.java:308)
      at org.eclipse.tptp.platform.jvmti.client.internal.launcher.TIJavaLauncherDelegate.launch(TIJavaLauncherDelegate.java:37)
      at org.eclipse.tptp.trace.ui.internal.launcher.core.LauncherUtility.delegateInit(LauncherUtility.java:1153)
      at org.eclipse.tptp.trace.ui.provisional.launcher.PrimaryLaunchDelegate.run(PrimaryLaunchDelegate.java:196)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Nowhere i introduce the port number 8000. I don't think i filled in the correct information(specially the ports).

Agent Controller is on.

If somebody worked with this kind of technology please help me. Is urgent!
      Thank you a lot!!!