3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2009 12:04 PM by 807588 RSS

How to setup JUnit on MAC OS X

How can I set up JUnit on MAC OS X. When I followed the instructions that I found, I always get:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/junit/runner/JUnitCore

How can I do that step by step?

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: How to setup JUnit on MAC OS X
          Abder-Rahman wrote:
          How can I set up JUnit on MAC OS X. When I followed the instructions that I found, I always get:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/junit/runner/JUnitCore

How can I do that step by step?

Thanks.
          These forums are specific to the Java Programming Language. You're not likely to get a lot of help regarding the set-up of third party libraries here. You'd be better off asking for help from the junit folks.
          • 2. Re: How to setup JUnit on MAC OS X
            JoachimSauer
            There's nothing special to Mac OS X or JUnit in this regard, it works just the way it works with any other OS and with any other library: You need to make sure that the correct jar file is on your classpath.

Do you know how to set the classpath? Google might help there.
            • 3. Re: How to setup JUnit on MAC OS X
              Here we go again. Why do you insist on trying all these new techologies, without making the slightest effort whatsoever to try and learn anything about them first? It's patently unfair to simply ask other people to hold your hand through every last aspect of everything you try