can anybody guide me
        • 1. Re: how to track  changed file data stored in a database
          PhHein
          Use a trigger and history tables. I'm just guessing here:
          link
          • 2. Re: how to track  changed file data stored in a database
            there are a few ways to do this
            you could log stuff into special audit/logging tables
            you could keep all records and, instead of deleting/modifying them, insert new records and set a flag to indicate which record is the current record (i.e. history)
            triggers are probably the last thing i'd consider
            but who knows, i'm not familiar with your project or requirements
            • 3. Re: how to track  changed file data stored in a database
              yogeshbhattarai wrote:
              can anybody guide me
              Take highway 19 until you reach the turnoff for the old quarry road.
              Turn left onto the old quarry road and travel 1.2km.
              Leave the car and travel through the dark woods to the south. Ignore the man-sized spiderwebs above.
              When you reach the river, take the rickety ferry across the river. You must succeed on a DC16 boating check or the ferry falls apart and you drown.
              When you reach the bank, follow the totem poles with the skulls on them down the small dirt path.
              Enter the cave at the end of the path with the sign next to it that says "*KEEP OUT!!!*"
              Descend into the cave and turn left, then right, then left twice.
              Cross the Endless Chasm on the decaying minetrack bridge.
              You emerge into a malodorous rock chamber. Exits are North, South, and Northeast. There is a Grue here.

You'll have to figure out what to do from here. Good luck!
              • 4. Re: how to track  changed file data stored in a database
                nclow wrote:
                yogeshbhattarai wrote:
                can anybody guide me
                Take highway 19 until you reach the turnoff for the old quarry road.
                Turn left onto the old quarry road and travel 1.2km.
                Leave the car and travel through the dark woods to the south. Ignore the man-sized spiderwebs above.
                When you reach the river, take the rickety ferry across the river. You must succeed on a DC16 boating check or the ferry falls apart and you drown.
                When you reach the bank, follow the totem poles with the skulls on them down the small dirt path.
                Enter the cave at the end of the path with the sign next to it that says "*KEEP OUT!!!*"
                Descend into the cave and turn left, then right, then left twice.
                Cross the Endless Chasm on the decaying minetrack bridge.
                You emerge into a malodorous rock chamber. Exits are North, South, and Northeast. There is a Grue here.

Will the spoondfeeding on this forum never end? What about the good old days where we let forum members find out how to get across the Endless Chasm themselves?
                • 5. Re: how to track  changed file data stored in a database
                  JoachimSauer
                  nclow wrote:

And don't forget about the [spectral wolf|http://www.xkcd.com/461/]!
                  • 6. Re: how to track  changed file data stored in a database
                    JoachimSauer wrote:
                    nclow wrote:

And don't forget about the [spectral wolf|http://www.xkcd.com/461/]!
                    Good catch =)
                    • 7. Re: how to track  changed file data stored in a database
                      I don't mean to go off topic but hibernate and [envers |http://www.jboss.org/envers/] looks pretty slick. Its anyone's guess if the OP is using or is able to use hibernate though.