baftos
          altafjava wrote:
          plz tell me, difference between

AnyClass{}

Class.forName("AnyClass")
          and
          AnyClass.class
          System.out.println( AnyClass.class == Class.forName("AnyClass"));
          will print true, assuming AnyClass is the fully qualified class name.
          The difference is in usage:
          String className = ...;
          Class clazz = Class.forName( className ); // The second form is not usable
          The second form is better when the class name is known at compile time.
          The first form would work, but if you make a spelling mistake the compiler will not tell you.
          • 2. Re: Class.foName() and classname.class
            ... also, forName may throw the checked exception ClassNotFoundException
            • 3. Re: Class.foName() and classname.class
              AnyClass{} is a class declaration in java. This is how you declare a valid java file with .java as extension.

Class.forName("Anyclass"); forName method is used to dynamically load a fully qualified class in java. So the fully qualified name that you pass within quotes will be loaded by the JVM.

AnyClass.class, is the form of a java class after compilation. Once you compile a AnyClass.java there will be an AnyClass.class created after successful compilation. This class file is nothing but byte code generated by the java compiler.

I hope this helps you.

--
              Choicest Regards
              Amit Singh Rathore
              www.proamit.com
              • 4. Re: Class.foName() and classname.class
                jschellSomeoneStoleMyAlias
                AnyClass.class, is the form of a java class after compilation. Once you compile a AnyClass.java there will be an AnyClass.class created after successful compilation. This class file is nothing but byte code generated by the java compiler.
                Interesting interpretation.

I believe the OP was referring to the 'class' literal which is part of the java language rather than the output of a java compiler though.
                • 5. Re: Class.foName() and classname.class
                  AnyClass{} is a class declaration in java. This is how you declare a valid java file with .java as extension.
                  And by this I think the OP really meant "suppose I define a class named AnyClass". I think he really meant to write
                  class AnyClass {
                  }
                  He did not mean for you to compare and contrast it with Java expressions AnyClass.class and Class.forName("AnyClass")