5 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2007 6:12 AM by 807606 RSS

ClassNotFoundException: org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver

Hi everyone,

i'm perfectly new to Java and have to migrate an existing Java Application to a Java Applet (using Eclipse).
      So i changed the main class from "extends JFrame" to "Applet" and renamed the main-Method to init().

Secondly i created the relevant directories on my Web-Server, exported the Applet into a jar-file and wrote a index.html which calls the Applet.

Everything seems to go fine (eclipse applet-viewer works and the Applet starts with no errors), but when i start it from my webserver an error occurs when the Applet wants to register the database-driver hsqldb.jar.
      try {
          Class.forName("org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver");

conn = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:hsqldb:"
                                             + db_file_name_prefix,   // filenames
                                             "sa",                    // username
                                             "");                     // password
          } catch (Exception e) {
            System.out.println(e);
          }
      i get the error:
      java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver

although the hsqldb.jar is in the exported jar (subdir "lib"), i checked the classpath, where it is also included... why does my Applet not find the jar-file ?

i hope this is the right place to ask and anybody can help me :)