3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2007 7:09 AM by 807607 RSS

View .rpt files(reports) in pdf format

Hello
      I'm working with reports generated in CrystalReports and i want to view them in pdf format (in browser using a servlet) but not generating a .pdf file on disk(work with ByteArrayOutputStream).
      But i can't get to a result.
      Can you sugest a certain way to do this?

Thank you.
        • 1. Re: View .rpt files(reports) in pdf format
          Hello
          I have found a solution using iText library,(with Document() ) , it does open Adobe view but is showing a formated :
          " ��; ı
          ıRoot EntryıˇSummaryInformation(ˇı�ıQE
          SessionˇıReportInfoˇıˇı&:Contentsˇı'
          ˇˇˇ�Oh��+'ı�Oh��+'0�ııˇ ���� �
          ıı
          &#305;(&#305;4&#305;<&#305;D&#305;L&#305;x&#305;&#711;��&#305;&#305;&#305;&#305;&#305;&#305;&#305;&#711;2@0�Z&#711;@@rY^3�&#305;@
          ��A�3�&#305;&#305;Crystal Reports&#305;QENG&#305;&/&#305;&#305;
          7#��WCa�y SJ(�C5��.��F6q�x�q
          T� dus���/��m�81=&#711;WJ�Ir�sd�^l��
          ,zY���T�:cd�Y�y�9-
          B��\�0e��� Y���M9Rx��>�5�~��
          m�c}l�d��G x$� E�Bv2
          &�S[e �P���a�����$ �9l�E&#956;���
          �rH�..........."

Don't understand why is transforming like this.
          I've tried with ie and Mozilla

Thank you.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
          • 2. Re: View .rpt files(reports) in pdf format
            i'm sure there are thousands of examples on the internet of how to do this.

if you can export crystal reports to a file then it's trivial to display it to the client.
            • 3. Re: View .rpt files(reports) in pdf format
              Hello
              Thanks for response.
              Yes ,i think the same way. I have tried all the solutions i've found.
              An observation: on .txt files works fine.

Thank you.