2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2006 5:11 AM by 807607 RSS

Strange problem with InetAddress.getByName (really strange)

Poor english, sorry :)

Problem : if i convert a string (like "127.0.0.1") in InetAddress using addrs = InetAddress.getByName(args[o]) the result is that addrs = /127.0.0.1 and not 127.0.0.1 (there is the "/" !).
      This problem cause obviuosly problem to create socket becouse i can't invoke a socket on a ip like /230.4.56.3

STEP1: usually i develop with eclipse 3.1 on a linux based machine, sometime with eclipse 3.1 on a win xp pro machine, but all worked fine.

STEP2: i try to develop on Windows Vista with eclipse 3.2 (3.1 not work on my Vista machine) but Vista need JVM installed so i download the new JVM 5.0 from sun---eclipse works but is borned the "ip / problem".

STEP3: the code develop on linux but saved (little changes) on Vista not work on linux too. Same ip problems.

STEP4: try use netBeans in linux based machine but the problem is the same so i suppose could be JVM to cause problems (on my pc with win xp e win vista could be the installation of jmv 5.0, on linux based machine ...i don't know.....).

STEP5: on my machine i unistalled JVM 5.0 and 1.4 and reinstalled only the 1.4. Problem persist.

Thank for support and for read my first thread here in spanglish (but i'm italian ).