1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 29, 2011 6:35 PM by 851377

Error: Failed to find or load the registered .Net Framework Data Provider.

kmc5117
      Oracle 10
      Windows 7
      IIS 7.5
      Page created with VS2010
      ASP.NET v4.0

Hi,

When I created my website I downloaded the Oracle Database Access Component and the Oracle Tools for VS. Everything worked fine in development and running from the VS development server everything works perfect.

However when I deployed the site to IIS the site works fine until I attempt to open a page that has an oracle bound gridview in it. I then received the following error;

Failed to find or load the registered .Net Framework Data Provider.
      Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Failed to find or load the registered .Net Framework Data Provider.

[ConfigurationErrorsException: Failed to find or load the registered .Net Framework Data Provider.]
      System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.GetFactory(DataRow providerRow) +2189034
      System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.GetFactory(String providerInvariantName) +135
      System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSource.GetDbProviderFactorySecure() +48
      System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSource.CreateConnection(String connectionString) +14
      System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments) +208
      System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) +28
      System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +274
      System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.EnsureDataBound() +105
      System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.CreateChildControls() +183
      System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +182
      System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +60
      System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +222
      System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +11270302
      System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +11269918
      System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +119
      System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +167
      ASP.secured_member_project_queue_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +51
      System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +597
      System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +266

Any suggestions to get this to work on IIS when it worked fine on the development server in Visual Studio?

Thanks!