1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply: Mar 31, 2011 2:28 PM by 852022 RSS

Steps to follow to do a provider business service BSFN call

user1634407
      Hello,

I am new with E1 development with WebServices, and I would like to do a provider business service BSFN call, but I am not sure how to do it.

Could you provide me the steps to follow or a guide?

Thank you in advance and regards.
        • 1. Re: Steps to follow to do a provider business service BSFN call
          DaveHarrison
          A good place to start is the Oracle Fusion Middleware for Apps Best Practice Center at http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/fmw4apps/jde/index.html.

Good luck!
          Dave
          • 2. Re: Steps to follow to do a provider business service BSFN call
            user1634407
            Hi Dave,

I have following:
            - Business Services Development Methodology.
            - Business Services Development.
            - And different documents from Oracle Support.

Now, I will take a look to your link.

I have an approximate idea what I need to do:
            - Create a Published Business Service to expose as Web Service (it has, as minimal, two methods: Public and Protected and Published Value Object (Input and Output)).
            - This Service will call a Business Service (it has Internal Value Object (Input and Output)).
            - And this Business Service has to call a Business Function.

But I am confused with how can I deploy the WebService.
            I have rode that it is necessary to do an specifici package for Business Services and deploy it in Business Services Server. But, it is necessary to do a WSDL¿? How can I do it¿? Or doing a package it has all necessary information?

Thank you and regards.
            • 3. Re: Steps to follow to do a provider business service BSFN call
              DaveHarrison
              Yes, you've guessed it correctly. When you build the package containing your Business Services and deploy it to your Business Services Server, then the WSDL will be created for you in the WEB-INF\wsdl folder.

Dave
              • 4. Re: Steps to follow to do a provider business service BSFN call
                user1634407
                Ok, so it isn't necessary to create the WSDL file!!!

And I have another doubt, from your link, I am doing: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Business Service Development. And in this document, from Published Business Service is doing a Business Function Call. Isn't necessary to create a Business Service to do it¿?

Thank you so much.

Edited by: user1634407 on 03-nov-2010 7:46
                • 5. Re: Steps to follow to do a provider business service BSFN call
                  user1634407
                  Another doubt to package the Published Business Service.

I could call a BSFN from a Published Business Service (following the document attached previouslly), and I would like to deploy it in the BSSV Server.

I have following these documents:
                  1) E1:BSSV Package Build Notes with Business Services [ID 662941.1]
                  2) E1:BSSV Notes on deploying Business Service Packages [ID 662942.1]

From P9603, after check-in operation over the Published Business Service, I can't see th JP55HOL (Published BSSV)). What I need to do?

Thank you and regards.
                  • 6. Re: Steps to follow to do a provider business service BSFN call
                    DaveHarrison
                    Yes, I had a bit of a moan at Oracle about exactly this issue as it had also caused confusion for one of my customers. If you are to follow the Oracle BSSV Development Methodology guide, then you should call the Business Function from an internal Business Service, and not the Published Business Service. Oracle's response was that the tutorial is intended to be a quick and simple example of how to use the tools, and not to override the standard methodology.

The reason for having the internal Business Services is primarily for re-usability. That way you can isolate the majority of the business logic in internal business services and the published service simply passes the requests on to the internal services to do the processing. It's not a major problem putting the business function calls in the published services, except when those function calls get duplicated down the line in multiple published services.

But the recommended approach is for implementation is via internal and published services as documented in the development methodology guide.

Dave
                    • 7. Re: Steps to follow to do a provider business service BSFN call
                      user1634407
                      Hi,

for the development that I have to make it would not be a problem, but I would advise me on this issue.
                      It is making a call to a BSFN with a series of input parameters to get display output parameters returned by the BSFN. Thus, a single call (very similar to the example of the document). Is it correct to develop the call from the Published Business Service?

I understand that calls are done from Business Service instead of Published Business Service (PBSSV) to avoid duplicate code, isn't it?

If I developed the BSFN call from the PBSSV developed, how can I do the package build? Because now I can't see it...

Thanks and regards.
                      • 8. Re: Steps to follow to do a provider business service BSFN call
                        DaveHarrison
                        Can you check that you have a record in the F98603 Business Service Published Methods table for your published service's method(s). If not, then ensure that you selected the published class when you checked the object in (via the 'Set Published' row exit). You can check the object out and check in again to make sure.

However, there is a known issue with some Tools Releases (from 8.98 base to 8.98.0.4), where the F98603 record doesn't get created (ref: https://support.oracle.com/CSP/main/article?cmd=show&type=NOT&id=781236.1). In this case, the only workaround is to create the records manually via SQL or similar.

Dave
                        • 9. Re: Steps to follow to do a provider business service BSFN call
                          DaveHarrison
                          It's up to you. It will work fine as you have it, but it depends on how closely you want to follow the recommended approach. For me, because the code has got my name on it, I wouldn't want anyone else coming along later to feel critical :-).

Dave
                          • 10. Re: Steps to follow to do a provider business service BSFN call
                            user1634407
                            Hi,

I think I will developed it with Published Business Service, and if I have time I will try with Business Service too.

Until the following week I can't tested your suggestion (validate the table), so as soon as possible I'll inform you about the progress.
                            I'm not sure, but I think I was working with 8.98 Tools, so maybe this is the problem...

Thank you for your help and interest.

Regards.
                            • 11. Re: Steps to follow to do a provider business service BSFN call
                              user1634407
                              Hi,

I have another doubt:

I have done an example Published Business Service (PBSSV) that call the Business Service (BSSV) and this call the Business Function. Also, I have done a test class to validate the behavior, and it works. Now I would like to deploy in the BSSV as a WebService, so if I build a package (with my PBSSV) and deploy in the BSSV Server is all that I need to do? Is it necessary to create/deploy the PBSSV as WebService from JDeveloper?

Regards.
                              • 12. Re: Steps to follow to do a provider business service BSFN call
                                DaveHarrison
                                Yes, that's all you need to do. The creation of the web service in JDeveloper is an optional step, and just another way of testing the published BSSV.
                                • 13. Re: Steps to follow to do a provider business service BSFN call
                                  user1634407
                                  Hi Dave,

after almost a month, today I had to retake the research was telling you in this thread.

I was raised a little doubt, is that all the examples I found to invoke a BSFN written in C. There any difference if you invoke a BSFN developed in NER instead of C?

Thanks and greetings
                                  • 14. Re: Steps to follow to do a provider business service BSFN call
                                    DaveHarrison
                                    No, none at all. NER functions are converted into C before being compiled anyway.
                                    1 2 Previous Next