i have a two node RAC on vmware server. It is having ASM too. the disks of asm are located in a sharedstorage area.
the asm is having three disks. now i want to add one more disk . Please let me know the steps of adding disk.
the guest OS is Linux and Host OS is windows.
Adding Disks to a Disk Group
ALTER DISKGROUP dgroup1 ADD DISK '/devices/diska5' NAME diska5, '/devices/diska6' NAME diska6;
ALTER DISKGROUP dgroup1 ADD DISK '/devices/diska*';
• When a disk is added, it is formatted and then rebalanced.
• When you don’t specify a FAILGROUP clause, the disk is in its own failure group.
• If you don't specify the NAME clause, Oracle assigns its own system-generated names.
• If the disk already belongs to a disk group, the statement will fail.
• Use the FORCE clause to add a disk that is a current member of disk group.
If you are using OEM in 10g,
For manual add,
this is possible if the disk has been added to the machine, and the disks are partitioned and mounted.
but i am looking for the addition of disks to machine which will be added to the sharedstorage.