This content has been marked as final. Show 7 replies
Adding Disks to a Disk Group
ALTER DISKGROUP dgroup1 ADD DISK '/devices/diska5' NAME diska5, '/devices/diska6' NAME diska6;
ALTER DISKGROUP dgroup1 ADD DISK '/devices/diska*';
• When a disk is added, it is formatted and then rebalanced.
• When you don’t specify a FAILGROUP clause, the disk is in its own failure group.
• If you don't specify the NAME clause, Oracle assigns its own system-generated names.
• If the disk already belongs to a disk group, the statement will fail.
• Use the FORCE clause to add a disk that is a current member of disk group.
ext primary 1
2º oracleasm createdisk
oracleasm createdisk +DATA07 /dev/sdbf1
3º oracleasm scandisk in the other node.
4º oracleasm listdisk in both nodes,
If you are using OEM in 10g,
For manual add,
this is possible if the disk has been added to the machine, and the disks are partitioned and mounted.
but i am looking for the addition of disks to machine which will be added to the sharedstorage.
Hope this will help.
hi all , i am done witrh the addition of the disk to shareddevice.
thanks for your support.
i am done with the addition of disk to shareddevice.
thank to aal.