This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
You can not create a PO by importing lines from Excel or by copy-paste from a different system.1 person found this helpful
You will have to load the data into Oracle's PO interface tables and then run the PO interface.
That will create a PO for you.
It takes time to write such interfaces. If you have just a handful of POs or if you will be doing this for a few pos every week, it may not worth spending time on the interfaces.
Hope this answers your question
Omkar Technologies Inc.
Independent Techno-functional Consultant
Thanks Sandeep .. That was helpful
If you are using R12 then this is possible through buyer's work center...
E.g. You create a BPA Header.. and you want to upload the lines of this BPA by using source file in excel or text format.
Under Buyer work center :
1) click on the agreement tab .. click on the search button.. search for the BPA number you have just created with header info only
2) Query will fetch your BPA... In Select Agreement option, select "Update" option..and press GO
3) It will take you to a page : Update Blanket Purchase Agreement XXXXXXXXX
4) Click on Lines tab of this page
5) In this page you will see Add Line (fields) : select Via Upload from the LOV. Press GO
6) Sytem will prompt you for File Type : Tab-Delimited text, XML. CXML etc...you selct your file ...
7) If you are not sure about file format.. CLICK on DOWNLOAD Resources Button in this page...
8) Now system will take you to Download Resource page... press Download.. save the template in your local m/c..
8) Use (texttemplate.txt) the template, build you flat file for BPA lines... and upload it..
It's easy.. :)
Hope this will help.