2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 16, 2011 8:34 AM by 828733 RSS

cannot start listener on vm

Hi gurus,
      I have an external drive with oracle ebs r12 installed on it with Red Hat VM.
      I installed vmware server on my laptop and connected the external drive to it.
      It works fine but when i try to start the listener i have the following error:

TNS-12542 TNS: address already in use

I am unable to ping the hostname as well. I get the error Network is unreachable:

$ping apps12.us.oracle.com
      connect: Network is unreachable

Please help me .
        • 1. Re: cannot start listener on vm
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          TNS-12542 TNS: address already in use
          Please make sure no process is using the same listener port using netstat command (kill those processes manually from the OS), or try rebooting the box and check again.

Listener Fails to Start With TNS: Address Already in Use (TNS-12542 TNS-12560 TNS-00512) [ID 416566.1]
          Listener Fails to Start on Linux, Errors with TNS-12542, Linux Error: 98: Address already in use [ID 301014.1]
          Listener Fails to Start and Reports Error TNS-12542 Address Already in Use [ID 1107064.1]

• 2. Re: cannot start listener on vm
            Hi ,
            Please go through this article which gives you step by step guide to setting up EBS R12 from VM template. I was having similar problems like you and now its resolved.