1 2 Previous Next 27 Replies Latest reply: Jun 26, 2012 11:17 PM by 524669 Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Nokia N8 Support
        6 months on and no updates? When can we expect N8 as a supported device by Beehive? At least for Calendar updates? Alternatively, how about allowing calendar synchronization using Mail for Exchange clients built into these phones? Its extremely tedious trying to get your calendar on these devices.
        • 16. Re: Nokia N8 Support
          Adding my voice to the chorus for N8 support in Beehive sync. I was using an E71 but it became unreliable, randomly rebooting for unknown reasons. The N8 is a great business phone, and handles Beehive e-mail just fine. I should think it would not be terribly difficult to add an N8 profile to the Beehive mobile sync server.
          • 17. Re: Nokia N8 Support
            Any news? Same problem with Nokia N8, email works just fine but I haven't found a way to synchronize my calendar. :(
            • 18. Re: Nokia N8 Support
              You can sync your beehive and Google calendar by the following link:-

• 19. Re: Nokia N8 Support

Include Nokia E5 and E7 too... these are the new phones which needs to be listed.
                • 20. Re: Nokia N8 Support
                  It is actually all symbian ^3 devices, that need to be included (base, anna and belle revisions)
                  None of those works against beehive and as old series60/series40 gets replaced with new models, more and more people are not able to use calendar anymore.
                  • 21. Re: Nokia N8 Support
                    C7 with Anna here.
                    Same problems with Calendar although Mail works fine.
                    I expect C6-01,C7,E7,X7,N8,N500,N600,N700,N701 to be included they will get Belle support upgrade by the end of the year so they have to work.
                    My old E51 is dying.. Pls do something.
                    • 22. Re: Nokia N8 Support
                      Vishwanath S K
                      Any Update on the Availability of Calender support for N8?
                      • 23. Re: Nokia N8 Support
                        It is working.

Simple setup instructions :
                        1. edit $BEEHIVE_ORACLE_HOME/beehive/seed/oma/nokia_s60e5.xml
                        1.1 add to end :
                        <DeviceProfileName>Nokia S60 5th Edition</DeviceProfileName>
                        <Name>Nokia N8 DS11</Name>

2. upload profiles to server :
                        beectl upload_device_profiles --file $BEEHIVE_ORACLE_HOME/beehive/seed/oma/nokia_s60e5.xml

3. Create new sync profile to N8 and use server version 1.1 (1.2 will break sync)

4. sync device

That's it. works nice and smooth with E6, C7, E7, N8 etc.
                        • 24. Re: Nokia N8 Support
                          Vishwanath S K
                          Hey Duck,

The changes that you suggest are on the server side right?
                          Is it possible to change the device settings / config files so that server identifies as older devices?

Vishwanath S K
                          • 25. Re: Nokia N8 Support

anything new regarding this one? The list of phones impacted was extended throughout the last year and the issue is still there, i.e. I cannot synchronize calendar entries (with Nokia E7-00 in my case, but also had issues with Nokia N97 before) which is a real shame in 2012...

• 26. Re: Nokia N8 Support
                              If you apply the server changes suggested ealrier in the thread they should work. You need to make sure the profile you add to the server lists DS 1.1 as thwe DS version.
                              • 27. Re: Nokia N8 Support
                                Guys, If you guys are using your Nokia phone for Oracle Beehive emails over the air sync, normal IMAP Beehive configurations works fine but you wont be able to sync calendar. Great workaround for syncing calendar is to publish your Outlook Calendar to Your Hotmail/Live.com account. Open your outlook calendar > my calendars > publish to Internet > use your Hotmail/Live account. Its a real time sync. Outlook Calendar would give you a URL to be published on the internet. Your calendar will be updated in real time on your Hotmail account. !Open your hotmail account calendar and subscribe to the URL provided by Oracle Outlook Calendar. You Finished step 1.

On your phone, create a new exchange email account and give your Hotmail/Live.com credentials but Sync only Calendar. You're done! Your Outlook calendar would keep publishing on your Hotmail and Your phone would keep fetching your hotmail entries. You would see all your oracle calendar entries on your phone calendar.

Only drawback is that you wont get alerts for your new meeting invites and you still need to accept/reject your calendar invites from outlook only. But you will see all entries on your phone and will receive your reminders as well.

1 2 Previous Next