This content has been marked as final. Show 6 replies
Here it seems that you care trying to restart the Admin Server, hence would like to ask few questions
- Are you using Node Manger to start the Admin Server.
- If not, then you can try to re-start the Admins server using the start-up script startWebLogic.sh/startWebLogic.cmd and see if that helps you out.
- Also make sure that you have the right to start and stop the servers.
Middleware Magic | Come, Join Us and Experience The Magic…
also, reading this documentation can help http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E12840_01/wls/docs103/nodemgr/overview.html
See section "How Node Manager Restarts an Administration Server"
I understand that you have made a change in one of your security realms and then Clicked on the "Save", Which in turn prompted for restarting the server for changes to take effect. And upon trying to re-start the Admin service you get a message : All of the servers selected are currently in a state which is incompatible with this operation or are not associated with a running Node Manager or you are not authorized to perform the action requested. No action will be performed.
To resolve this : Please go to the Environment -> Servers and select the Admin Server and Stop it First, once its completely stopped, then start it. You should now see the settings updated after the Admin server comes up.
After making changes just bring the server down and try to restart the server using Startweblogic.sh or Startweblogic.cmd.You will be prompted for the username and password if you are not using boot.properties.
I am using this method, but it just seems strange to me that a server requests reboot, but can't perform it.
Same issue was found on WLS1036.
Scenario with AdminServer and ms1, no cluster.
- created a DS and targeted to ms1.
- ms1 is up & running and tests with DS are OK
Test 1. Changing URL to DS
- once the URL was modified, WLS thrown these messages:
MS1: "All changes have been activated. However 1 items must be restarted for the changes to take effect."
MS2: "Settings updated successfully."
- in the Restart Checklist, the JDBC resource is ready to be restarted. The DS is targeted to ms1
- select the DS and click over Restart button and we got the message : "All of the servers selected are currently in a state which is incompatible with this operation or are not associated with a running Node Manager or you are not authorized to perform the action requested. No action will be performed."
- DS was restarted manually but the item in the Restart Checklist remains until the MS is restarted.
This issue was due to a bug on product. Please request to support patch 14504923.