2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 27, 2010 11:50 AM by 720731 RSS

PCG7: More Flow Rule help

Rjfoster-Oracle
      Hi, I have a trigger based Flow rule setup.
      It has 2 process flows.

#1 is a check constraint (has an advanced rule that runs some SQL to check if a certain condition exists)
      #2 is a notification. The Notification has the condition that the previous constraint is true.

My problem/question has to do with #1 (the check constraint).
      It sends a notification. I do not want it toi send a notification... I want it to validate the data condition ONLY.
      Also the Notification pauses the entire flow. which is also not what I want.
      If I open the notification, and click "Complete" button, I get new notification stating that it failed... the only way around this is to click the "Override" button from withing
      the notification, then the flow continues along it's way and finished processing.

So, why does my Check Contstraint fire a notification ? How can I prevent both the notification, and the dependency of that notification processing ?
      Or, maybe I should be using a different Rule type for #1 ?

thanx

Edited by: rjfoster on Nov 11, 2010 9:37 AM
        • 1. Re: PCG7: More Flow Rule help
          Rjfoster-Oracle
          ok, I read the documentation more thoroughly..

The constraint type flow rule is doing what it is supposed to do..

If the condition exists, it is supposed to send a notification, which is meant to notify somebody to correct the condition.....
          In my case there is no condition to correct, I just want a notification to be sent if a specific condition occurs...
          and because I am not eliminating my condition, hence why it keeps failing when I try to "Complete" it...
          Of course Override works, but I do not event want any action/intervention to occur... I would rather not have the constraint violation notification occur at all.

So anyway, I guess a constraint flow rule is not going to work for my requqirements.

I'll have to come up with something else...

Here is what I need to do....

1. Trigger flow event, when a table has an insert or an update...
          2. when this occurs I need to programmatically check (SQL can do it) if a certain data condition exists.
          3. If this data condition exists, I want to send a notification...

thats it, thats all, end of story for my requirement.

Any ideas as how what advanced flow rule types I might use for this ?

thanx

Edited by: rjfoster on Nov 11, 2010 2:01 PM
          • 2. Re: PCG7: More Flow Rule help
            See below

1. Trigger flow event, when a table has an insert or an update...

2. when this occurs I need to programmatically check (SQL can do it) if a certain data condition exists.
            If it is simple enough logic use the trigger conditions else put this logic in a condition

3. If this data condition exists, I want to send a notification...

IN THE FLOW

Assuming you dont have a trigger condition-

Create a seq 10 process that is of type notification
            create a condition using the advanced sql and assign it to seq 10.

the advanced rule types you need are "notification" and "condition/constraint"