1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 4, 2002 6:55 AM by 3004

query-based  xml component in Portal

Hi

Is there anybody who suceeded in building up an xml component based on a query outside or inside a stored procedure?
      Let's suppose I'd like to use a cursor in the <ORACLE> tag in order to select all elements from a table..
      it seems like the reading loop is completely ignored in the xml component in Portal: by printing a hand-made raw like: htp.p('<NAME>|| CURSOR.NAME_ELEMENT ||</NAME>'); in a loop I get a single raw in the final table:
      '||cursor.name_element||'

I also tried to make the selection inside a stored procedure and tried to run this from the xml component in the oracle section: I got no error, but still nothing is displayed.
      Furthermore I'm not able to call an XML URL: I have this string displayed:

>>
      java.security.AccessControlException: the Permission (java.util.PropertyPermission http.proxySet write) has not been granted by dbms_java.grant_permission to SchemaProtectionDomain(PORTAL30|PolicyTableProxy(PORTAL30)) at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java) at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java) at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java) at oracle.aurora.rdbms.SecurityManagerImpl.checkPermission(SecurityManagerImpl.java) at java.lang.System.setProperty(System.java) at oracle.webdb.xmlcomp.XMLTransDoc.Transform(XMLTransDoc.java:48)

>>

Please help
        • 1. re:query-based  xml component in Portal
          XML Component works this way :

1) All the XML tags data are presented in the XSL form.
          2) If the tag contains <ORACLE> then it will be just treated as sql query or pl/sql block and the output of that will be rendered within that style.

Remember that <ORACLE> tag is just used as the same way as it is used for Dynamic Pages.
          The only advantage being the data can from database within this tag.

What you are asking is, the reference should be there for XML tags even when it is running inside pl/sql block ?
          Yha, we can have this as an enhancement and may be addressed in the future releases of portal.