1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2013 6:12 AM by cb5538ee-ffc3-4f7d-b471-474f61a3435c

OSP Rejection at Receiving

Is there any process to reject the OSP items at receiving? please share some knowledge iif any process is there.

Pavan
        • 1. Re: OSP Rejection at Receiving
          Karthik Gopaluni
          Hi,

Are you on 11i?
          Generally OSP's are mentioned as direct receipts as Inspection/Rejection is failing due to the requirement of LOT number on the receipt which is not stored anywhere (as it is OSP lot).

What you can take a look at is

1) use a collection plan which has transaction as Destination Type: Shop Floor and do not use any LOT number element in the plan.

2) Make OSP routing step as PO Receipt so that charge happens only after PO inspection accept action

Karthik.
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: OSP Rejection at Receiving
            Thanks for the reply. That was helpful. Another issue in here is.

Rejection Against OSP GRN, holds the invoice for payment. So what should be done to avoid the hold or to release it.

Pavan
            • 3. Re: OSP Rejection at Receiving
              Karthik Gopaluni
              Hi Pavan,

If you want to process the invoices irrespective of the Quality results then you have mention the resource type as PO Move so that the payments can be processed irrespectively of the result.

Karthik.
              • 4. Re: OSP Rejection at Receiving
                Hi Karthik,

Thanks for the reply, but please tell me where to mention the resource type as PO move, as i am new to oracle applications.

Pavan
                • 5. Re: OSP Rejection at Receiving
                  Karthik Gopaluni
                  Pavan,

we need to do it in two screens

1) BOM Menu>>Define Resources> Charge Type

2) BOM Menu >> Routings> Operations> Operation Resources

Note: After you have done 1, when you are trying to do 2 system will default the right value, just make sure you dont change it.

Karthik
                  • 6. Re: OSP Rejection at Receiving
                    user6491211
                    hi karthik,

Q.C has rejected one item in the receipt - 142 nos of Clamp bottom 077.01.001.0119

against GRN NO – 111104458 ,this is OSP material ,now after the fitment trial Q.C passed the material

How to make RE GRN because we have already deliverd the same item in the inventory by default while making GRN.
                    Is there any way we can make this transacion complete in the system.

thanks
                    Varun
                    • 7. Re: OSP Rejection at Receiving
                      Karthik Gopaluni
                      Varun,

To be frank i did not follow the terminology of GRN and RE GRN :).

Do you mean to say how to to return OSP material which has already been received/delivered to the Shop floor?

Karthik.
                      • 8. Re: OSP Rejection at Receiving
                        Hi Karthik,

Thanks for the reply.

I am working first time on OSP, so i am getting many doubts as issues from client as well.

1. In case of OSP in India Localization, is there any possibility to receive material against 57F4 instead of PO Release which will solve most of my problems.
                        (if u dont have localization exp, can u refer someone for me?)

2. Is there any process to receive Unprocessed material back from supplier (As-Is material return from supplier) in case the supplier is not accepting our material for processing. Kindly help in this regard.

Pavan
                        • 9. Re: OSP Rejection at Receiving
                          user6491211
                          hi karthik,

By RE GRN i meant re receipt.:-)

well the issue is that the osp material was initially received inthe system.then rejected by the Q.C in the system.
                          then the material was tested for the fitment was approved and moved to the inventory(wip).after this the system had a deliver action performed.the osp material is in the inventory.

first receive happened,
                          then reject
                          then deliver..but the payment of the supplier is not happening unless the receipt is created again.
                          neither return to receiving nor RTV is happening.

this was a mistake made by stores.so could u help me figure out a way so that i can make the payment for this osp material.

thanks
                          Varun
                          • 10. Re: OSP Rejection at Receiving
                            Karthik Gopaluni
                            Varun,

Since the material is rejected and delivered do you see the Qty in the QUEUE intra operation step after OSP?
                            I you have Qty there then you do a RTV transaction, once this is done the system automatically pics the Qty from the step after OSP and puts it back in the OSP step using the move transaction interface.
                            Once this step is completed you can make a new receipt and continue the process.

Let us also know what charge type is used in the routing.

Karthik.
                            • 11. Re: OSP Rejection at Receiving
                              user6491211
                              hi karthik,

Since there is no quantity in stock for any OSP material, we canot perform RTV neither can we perform any
                              corrections.
                              The charge type used for all the routings is Average, the rejected OSP material is already used in the
                              inventory.
                              Should i do a misc receipt for this item to create stock nd then perform RTV..
                              How should i go about it just so that i can do the payment for the item..

thanks
                              Varun.
                              • 12. Re: OSP Rejection at Receiving
                                Hi Karthik,

I am working first time on OSP, so i am getting many doubts as issues from client as well.

1. In case of OSP in India Localization, is there any possibility to receive material against 57F4 instead of PO Release which will solve most of my problems.
                                (if u dont have localization exp, can u refer someone for me?)

2. Is there any process to receive Unprocessed material back from supplier (As-Is material return from supplier) in case the supplier is not accepting our material for processing. Kindly help in this regard.

Pavan
                                • 13. Re: OSP Rejection at Receiving
                                  Karthik Gopaluni
                                  Varun,

The OSP is part of a job?
                                  What is the Job Status?

Karthik
                                  • 14. Re: OSP Rejection at Receiving
                                    Karthik Gopaluni
                                    Pavan,

What do you mean by 57F4, i dont know what localization means! Can you share what are the issues you are getting?

There is no Standard way to receive the unprocessed material but what you can do is

1) Cancel the PO/release for the OSP
                                    2) Remove any shop floor holds present at the job level
                                    3) DO the move transactions and either either complete/scrap the material based on the business need.

Before executing the steps can you tell me what business wants to do with the material for which the supplier did not provide the service?

Karthik.
                                    1 2 Previous Next