1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2010 7:59 PM by user13358091 RSS

Conditional navigation in OBIEE

user13358091
      Hi

I have a report from which, I need to navigate to two different reports based upon the rows in a column from the original report like

Report 1
      Column A
      X
      Y
      Z

when i click on X in need to go to Report 2 and when i click on Y and Z i need to got to report 3.

If it is possible with go url, please do post me the proper syntax.

Appreciate your response

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Conditional navigation in OBIEE
          bifacts
          user,

Why don't you split the report into chunks.
          i.e. All values belonging to chunk1 navigates to report1 & All values belonging to chunk2 navigates to report2.
          Chunks here refer to UNION reports....
          i.e.
          select column a from... where column a = 'x' <--- In this Answers request specify navigation to report1
          UNION ALL
          select column a from... where column a IN ('y','z') <--- In this Answers request specify navigation to report2

I don't know if this can be achieved using GO URL.

caveat: UNION's come with additional fall out's.

mark answers promptly.

J
          -bifacts
          http://www.obinotes.com
          • 2. Re: Conditional navigation in OBIEE
            user13358091
            Hi

Thanks for your response.

I have tried this option, but i see that, its not possible to apply navigations in both the select statements, I see that i can apply only one navigation to the other report in the result columns by combining two reports.

Correct me if I am wrong, and suggest an alternative

Thanks
            • 3. Re: Conditional navigation in OBIEE
              bifacts
              hey,

You are right. Thanks for erasing the misconception I was living with...

-bifacts
              • 4. Re: Conditional navigation in OBIEE
                user13358091
                Not a problem...
                • 5. Re: Conditional navigation in OBIEE
                  Vinodh NK
                  Try with case statement and got Url

Case when tableA.col='X' then '[a href=saw.dll?Go&Path=/shared/sample/report1&Action=Navigate&col1=tableA.col&val1='||tableA.col||'>'||tableA.col||'[/a>'
                  else  '[a href=saw.dll?Go&Path=/shared/sample/report2&Action=Navigate&col1=tableA.col&val1='||tableA.col||'>'||tableA.col||'[/a>' end

set the column data format to html.

When you click X -> report1
                  and for Y, Z -> report2

Note: replace [ with <

Thanks,
                  Vino                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
                  • 6. Re: Conditional navigation in OBIEE
                    user13358091
                    Hi

I have tried this, but when i click on a column i am getting " NO Columns"
                    " The request cannot be performed because it contains no columns".

Here is my case statement for the Column

Case when "Dim Source System"."Source Code" in ('CEND/DMI/WAMU/WELLS/WMMSC','HLS/MSP/SPS') then ''||"Dim Source System"."Source Code" ||''
                    else ''||"Dim Source System"."Source Code" ||'' end

Table: " Dim Source System"
                    Column: " Source Code"

Link report-1--- /shared/EIP - GL Reconciliation/EIP GL Recon-2/EIP GL Recon By Source System split Report
                    Link reprot-2-- /shared/EIP - GL Reconciliation/EIP GL Reconciliation By GL Account

Edited by: user13358091 on Nov 15, 2010 12:32 PM
                    • 7. Re: Conditional navigation in OBIEE
                      user13358091
                      Please let me know, if i got the syntax right.

Thanks
                      • 8. Re: Conditional navigation in OBIEE
                        Vinodh NK
                        Try this code, If required tweak it a bit..

Case when "Dim%20Source%20System"."Source%20Code"
                        In ('CEND/DMI/WAMU/WELLS/WMMSC','HLS/MSP/SPS')
                        then
                        '[a href=href=saw.dll?Go&Path=/shared/EIP%20-%20GL%20Reconciliation/EIP%20GL%20Recon-2/EIP%20GL%20Recon%20By%20Source%20System%20split%20Report&Action=Navigate&col1="Dim%20Source%20System"."Source%20Code"&val1='||"Dim Source System"."Source Code"||'>'||"Dim Source System"."Source Code"||'[/a>'
                        else '[a href=saw.dll?Go&Path=/shared/EIP%20-%20GL%20Reconciliation/EIP%20GL%20Reconciliation%20By%20GL%20Account&Action=Navigate&col1="Dim%20Source%20System"."Source%20Code"&val1='||"Dim Source System"."Source Code"||'>'||"Dim Source System"."Source Code"||'[/a>' end

" NO Columns" >" The request cannot be performed because it contains no columns".The reason is you are having space in the go url, because of which is not complete enough, when you click the go url column it will open the navigated report, on the browser you can see the URL details and make sure every thing is coming up.. like this you can debug any issues coming with go url.Again the table name and  column name you mentioned here has leading spaces in it. Use the correct name.Note: Replace [ with <Thanks,Vino                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
                        • 9. Re: Conditional navigation in OBIEE
                          What type of navigation are you expecting? I mean you want to navigate to separate page after clicking on values?

~Karbhari
                          • 10. Re: Conditional navigation in OBIEE
                            user13358091
                            Hi

Then code is working perfect for report navigation, but i need to do dashboard page navigation when given a path, its saying the page cannot be displayed.

Appreciate your help!
                            • 11. Re: Conditional navigation in OBIEE
                              bifacts
                              user,

replace &Path with &Dashboard.

mark answers promptly.

J
                              -bifacts

Edited by: bifacts on Nov 16, 2010 11:23 AM
                              • 12. Re: Conditional navigation in OBIEE
                                user13358091
                                Hi Vino and J

I am able to navigate to other report and also dashboard page.

But I also need to pass Year and Month as a filter to the other reports from Original report,
                                I am using year and month as the dashboard prompt in the original report,and need to pass these filters to the other reports.

Below is the code

Case when "Dim Source System"."Source Code" In ('CEND/DMI/WAMU/WELLS/WMMSC','HLS/MSP/SPS') then ''||"Dim Source System"."Source Code"||'' else ''||"Dim Source System"."Source Code"||'' end

Here is the Year and month column

"Dim Time"."Year"
                                "Dim Time"."Month"

the first report is like this Year \ Month \Source Code\Balance the other reports will also have the year and month columns

Please let me know how can i accomdate these columns in the above code, so as to pass a fiters to the other reports

Thanks
                                • 13. Re: Conditional navigation in OBIEE
                                  Vinodh NK
                                  You can add the other columns as col2,col3... with corresponding values val2,val3...

sample code, tweak it if required..

Case when "Dim%20Source%20System"."Source%20Code"
                                  In ('CEND/DMI/WAMU/WELLS/WMMSC','HLS/MSP/SPS')
                                  then
                                  '[a href=href=saw.dll?Dashboard&PortalPath=/shared/EIP%20-%20GL%20Reconciliation/EIP%20GL%20Recon-2/EIP%20GL%20Recon%20By%20Source%20System%20split%20Report&Action=Navigate&col1="Dim%20Source%20System"."Source%20Code"&val1='||"Dim Source System"."Source Code"||'&col2="Dim%20Time".Year&val2='||cast("Dim Time"."Year" as char(4))||'&col3="Dim%20Time".Month&val3='||"Dim Time"."Month"||'>'||"Dim Source System"."Source Code"||'[/a>'
                                  else '[a href=saw.dll?Dashboard&PortalPath=/shared/EIP%20-%20GL%20Reconciliation/EIP%20GL%20Reconciliation%20By%20GL%20Account&Action=Navigate&col1="Dim%20Source%20System"."Source%20Code"&val1='||"Dim Source System"."Source Code"||'&col2="Dim%20Time".Year&val2='||cast("Dim Time"."Year" as char(4))||'&col3="Dim%20Time".Month&val3='||"Dim Time"."Month"||'>'||"Dim Source System"."Source Code"||'[/a>' end

I have cast the year column thought it would be numerical value..
                                  So incase it is string value no need for the cast.

Note: Replace [ with <

Check the below link for go url,

http://sureshotstrategies.wordpress.com/2008/12/13/integrating-oracle-obiee-content-using-go-url-syntax-2/

Thanks,
                                  Vino                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
                                  • 14. Re: Conditional navigation in OBIEE
                                    user13358091
                                    Hi Vino

Thanks a lot..for your help!

It worked out for me. I really appreciate your efforts...Keep going!

Once again Thank You!

Raghav
                                    1 2 Previous Next