3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2010 2:42 AM by Aman....

How to read/understand an AWR REPORT ?

Patricio
      Hi experts, i'd like to learn how to read/understand an awr report ow which part is the most important.

@?/rdbms/admin/awrrpt.sql

Thanks in advance,
        • 1. Re: How to read/understand an AWR REPORT ?
          sb92075
          I am sorry to see that both GOOGLE & SEARCH are broken for you.

AWR study link

AWR Report
          • 2. Re: How to read/understand an AWR REPORT ?
            In first I ask why you needed to read it.
            As second, what do you plan to find in awr report.
            The most important part of report is the part which heps to find cause of your problem.
            The awr report is not a silver bullet but good tools which requires basic knowledge about oracle.
            I would advice to read concepts and performance tuning guide from oracle documentation.

Regards
            • 3. Re: How to read/understand an AWR REPORT ?
              Aman....
              Patricio wrote:
              Hi experts, i'd like to learn how to read/understand an awr report ow which part is the most important.

@?/rdbms/admin/awrrpt.sql
              When I do a session on Performance Tuning, there is a chapter which deals with the same. The most important bit of information lies in the Top 5 Wait Event section. If you understand how to interpret those wait events , what they mean, what causes them and what to do when you find a certain wait event, you would automatically start reading it. There is no set way to do so . With experience, you should be able to pick up the pieces on your own. Jonathan Lewis has a very good series on how to read Statspack report on his blog. Both are different but if you want to have an idea about reading either one of them, I would say the entire series is a worth read.
              http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com/category/oracle/statspack/

HTH
              Aman....