4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2010 12:21 PM by robmcangus

Email all iSupplier users

robmcangus
      Is there a way to notify all iSupplier users? We want to be able to let all iSupplier users know when we are taking the system down for maintenance and would like to send one email out to all users.

Thanks,
      Rob
        • 1. Re: Email all iSupplier users
          You can use Oracle Alerts to send out notifications for all iSP users.
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Email all iSupplier users
            robmcangus
            thanks- how do you determine who is a supplier user? Also - do you have to basically set up a different alert for each email or do you just change the text each time?

then my last question is - do the buyers have access to this or do they have to rely on a sysadmin to modify the message and send it out?

thanks!
            Rob
            • 3. Re: Email all iSupplier users
              Let me take your questions one by one.

How do you determine who is a supplier user.
              - The supplier users are identified by the securing attribute "ICX_SUPPLIER_CONTACT_ID". The FND Supplier User must have this attribute set to the vendor contact id. If you are in R12 you can refer to package "PO_VENDORS_GRP.get_external_userlist" for sample code.

Do you have to basically set up a different alert for each email or do you just change the text each time.
              - This depends on the way how you configure the alert. I am not sure if you have experienced the alert screen; one simple way how this works is as below. You write a SQL that will fetch all the variables required to send a notification. Then construct the notification based on the SQL Output. The variables (sql output) can be substituted anywhere in the subject/body of the notification (including TO). So depending on the way how you construct your SQL, notification text, you can change the text send across via alert. You can take a look at some of the seeded alerts for example.

Do the buyers have access to this or do they have to rely on a sysadmin to modify the message and send it out
              - The screen will open-up all the alerts. So I dont think you want to expose the alert definition screen to all the buyers. Rather you might think of option of having the buyer enter the message text somewhere in PO and as part of the SQL fetch the text that needs to be communicated.

You can explore this little more; you will have other options too.
              • 4. Re: Email all iSupplier users
                robmcangus
                awesome! thanks for the info - I am in the process of putting this in place. Thanks again for your help!

Rob