8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 25, 2010 9:59 AM by Salim Hlayel

    after upgrading to Apex Listener 1.0.2 no updates possible

    Dimos
      Hello all,

      I have just upgraded to the Apex listener version 1.0.2. to fix the problem with the flash charts displayed in https. Flash charts work ok BUT when I logged in again to the application, I cannot update ANY data at all and the error message is "Error      print success message checksum content error: : 8341A3B1A1F6CA4AD3A1A76A57FAF245"
      The application is using greek characters and the database character set is EL8MSWIN1253. If I try to update a field with greek characters after the error the result is to see then just symbols.
      I'm not getting this error with the DEMO application that is using only english characters.
      Any help please ???

      Thanks

      Dimos
        • 1. Re: after upgrading to Apex Listener 1.0.2 no updates possible
          Udo
          Hello Dimos,

          could you please give some more information about your environment (DB-Version, APEX-Version, J2EE-Container including version)?
          It sounds like you aren't using the right charset for the Listener. It should be (AL32)UTF8, even if your database uses a different charset.

          -Udo
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: after upgrading to Apex Listener 1.0.2 no updates possible
            Dimos
            Hi Udo,

            the db version is 10.2.0.4, the apex version 4.0.1 with Glassfish 3.0.1. How can you define the charset for the listener ?

            I installed also the apex listener apex_listener.1.0.2.238.15.24.zip and with this version the greek characters work fine. No problem at all also with the charts.

            The problem with no updates possible with the greek characters are with the apex_listener.1.1.0.291.08.34.zip (Early Adapters) found in the page
            http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/apex-listener/overview/index.html

            Dimos
            • 3. Re: after upgrading to Apex Listener 1.0.2 no updates possible
              Udo
              Hi Dimos,

              as with most containers, GlassFish has a default charset encoding configured in a central configuration file (sun-web.xml). See the corresponding document for details:
              http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-4502/beavn?l=en&a=view

              However, it seems I misunderstood your first posting: I thought you were experiencing that problem with the current production release, not with the EA-version.
              I'm not sure if the developers changed anything about the charset-handling in the current EA-version, but as there have been some issues with that until at least 1.0.2, it wouldn't be completely unlikely.
              You could try to find out if this is a general issue by switching your application (or a copy)/workspace to English and see if the problem persists. If not, it is very likely to be a charset problem with the current EA-version.

              -Udo
              • 4. Re: after upgrading to Apex Listener 1.0.2 no updates possible
                Dimos
                Hi Udo,

                exactly the problem with Greeks exist only with the EA Listener. When I switched to the 1.0.2 listener version, greeks work fine again as also the flash charts. I looked at the sun-web.xml file and as it seems the encoding is UTF-8. Probably the EA listener is not handling correctly foreign characters. The Demo application works fine as it is full english. Can we report this issue with the EA current version ?

                Dimos
                • 5. Re: after upgrading to Apex Listener 1.0.2 no updates possible
                  Udo
                  Hi Dimos,

                  I guess there is no way to open a TAR or something equal for the EA-version, but as far as I know the developers review the issues posted in this forum frequently, so I think they'll recognize this one as well.
                  If you have UTF-8 on your GlassFish, it seems to be likely there are currently functional tests with charset handling in the EA-release. Possibly the handling will change with the next EA-version or the next production release. But I haven't heard anything about that yet.

                  -Udo
                  1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: after upgrading to Apex Listener 1.0.2 no updates possible
                    Jozis
                    Hi,
                    I am having the same problem but wit Apex listener Version:1.0.2.238.15.24.
                    When I type arabic text into text field it turns into some garbage characters. The arabic text from the database displays properly but after submitting the page it is messed up.

                    Janis
                    • 7. Re: after upgrading to Apex Listener 1.0.2 no updates possible
                      Salim Hlayel
                      I think your issue can solved by adding this to your application server (e.g. GlasshFish) under JVM Options:

                      -Dfile.encoding=UTF8


                      Regards,
                      Salim
                      • 8. Re: after upgrading to Apex Listener 1.0.2 no updates possible
                        Salim Hlayel
                        I think you are right.

                        I tried that with APEX Listener EA 1.1 and I have the same issue with Arabic Characters.
                        It seems that the JVM Option is not helping in this case.