This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 38 Replies Latest reply: Mar 19, 2013 3:49 AM by PhHein RSS

SOA 11g 1Z0-451 Study Materials and Sample Questions

784376 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi

Sorry to post this question again but my earlier question is still unanswered. Can someone help me please with this???

I am looking for 1Z0-451 Study Material and Some sample questions. I tried everywhere on the oracle websites but didnt find a single help on my question. Neither Study materials nor sample questions.

If I cant afford to buy Oracle education study course, where else i can get study materials??

Apart from Oracle University study courses, is there any study material outside i can refer to and pass Oracle SOA Foundation Practitioner certification?

I mean that just reading "Oracle SOA Suite 11g: Build Composite Applications" books and attending this training will be sufficient to pass this exam? or I need to read some other books as well?

Please suggest

Regards
Deepak
  • 1. Re: SOA 11g 1Z0-451 Study Materials and Sample Questions
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    Hi Deepak,
    Apart from Oracle Training, I am not sure about other books/materials out there. I can confirm that there are not any sample question/practice tests for this exam. You can find a list of the exam topis on the website at http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=41&p_exam_id=1Z0_451.

Typically, most of the topics in an exam will be covered in the training class, but we cannot guarantee that every single question maps back to a specific section in the training materials. Certification is built upon training and experience.

Sorry my reply is not more helpful. Hopefully, other users will have some additional information on books that will be helpful in preparing for this exam.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator
  • 2. Re: SOA 11g 1Z0-451 Study Materials and Sample Questions
    784376 Newbie
    Hi Brendon

Thanks for your reply!

On the 1Z0-451 Certification page, I see these topics:

Service-Oriented Architecture Concepts
    SOA Composite Applications
    Adapters
    Orchestrating Services with BPEL
    Explain BPEL integration with Java
    Advanced BPEL Concepts
    Working with Mediator Components
    Human Workflow
    Oracle Business Rules Concepts
    Secure services and Composite Applications
    SOA 11g Integration Points
    Monitoring and managing SOA 11g Deployment

This means if i read these topics, i would be able to give this certification? If yes, i can go ahead and finish the certification in first week of Jan itself. But if something other than this topic is also coming, I need to know about those topics as well.

Can you help me clearing this confusion?

Thanks
    Deepak
  • 3. Re: SOA 11g 1Z0-451 Study Materials and Sample Questions
    761005 Newbie
    Hello Deepak,

What are you using currently to prepare for the exam? I am also preparing for the same exam and hoping to write in the first week of January.
    I would recommend Getting Started with Oracle SOA Suite 11g for a good overview, but that isn't alone enough as I see it.
    Perhaps we could share the materials we have so that there's more to study from.

Thanks,
    PP
  • 4. Re: SOA 11g 1Z0-451 Study Materials and Sample Questions
    784376 Newbie
    Hi Preeti

I am using a different method. I search for the above topic one by one and try to get info on internet. Then study thereafter. I have a SOA 11g Handbook which is helping me a lot as well.

You can write to me at [email address removed by moderator for security purposes] for more on this.

Cheers
    Deepak

Edited by: Certification Forum Moderator on Dec 3, 2010 8:38 AM
  • 5. Re: SOA 11g 1Z0-451 Study Materials and Sample Questions
    There are currently no plans to make changes to these topic areas. You should check the topics a week or so before your exam to confirm that they have not changed, but I don't anticipate any change in topics between now and mid January.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
  • 6. Re: SOA 11g 1Z0-451 Study Materials and Sample Questions
    751361 Newbie
    Sorry, I know your question was about study materials, but I recently passed the 1Z0-451 certification exam and I'd like to point out that real hands-on experience with the tools JDeveloper/BPEL/etc was a big factor in having passed. So if you haven't used the relevant products, I strongly encourage you to at least try them out, do some tutorials, etc. (I think it's possible to get a passing score in the exam with just theoretical study - I'm just saying hands-on experience is invaluable)
  • 7. Re: SOA 11g 1Z0-451 Study Materials and Sample Questions
    784376 Newbie
    Thanks Brendon

There is a small confusion.

As i said earlier, the 1Z0-451 Exam had below exam topics which is straight away taken from Oracle SOA Suite 11g: Essential Concepts

Service-Oriented Architecture Concepts
    SOA Composite Applications
    Adapters
    Orchestrating Services with BPEL
    Explain BPEL integration with Java
    Advanced BPEL Concepts
    Working with Mediator Components
    Human Workflow
    Oracle Business Rules Concepts
    Secure services and Composite Applications
    SOA 11g Integration Points
    Monitoring and managing SOA 11g Deployment

But, recommended training for this certification is, Oracle SOA Suite 11g: Build Composite Applications which has following topics"

Overview of SOA and SCA Concepts
    Describing Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
    Explaining the Oracle SOA Suite 11g architecture and components
    Creating, editing, and deploying a composite application
    Managing SOA composite application by using Oracle Enterprise Manager
    Introducing the adapter framework
    Explaining the Service Infrastructure
    Creating BPEL components
    Describing conditions for business process orchestration
    Implementing parallel processing by using a Flow activity
    Describing basic error handling and propagation in SOA Composites
    Describing transactions with services
    Describing Human Task Concepts
    Explaining business rules concepts
    Creating test suites for composite applications
    Explaining security for services
    Describing the Event Delivery Network
    Creating and configuring BPEL sensors
    Describing the Oracle Service Bus (OSB) Architecture

There is a difference between these two course topics. Now, which one to study??

Any suggestions please

Many thanks
    Deepak
  • 8. Re: SOA 11g 1Z0-451 Study Materials and Sample Questions
    784376 Newbie
    May be Sami you are already certified and you can answer my question above?

Thanks
    Deepak
  • 9. Re: SOA 11g 1Z0-451 Study Materials and Sample Questions
    Deepak,
    When we include the 'Recommended Training' on the exam page, it is the training that best covers the exam topics. You will not necessarily be able to map every single question on the exam back to the training course. Certification is a combination of training and experience. Some people take different courses than the recommended training and some people may take no training at all (unless training is required), so you may be taking the recommended training a little too literal if you expect the exam topics to map exactly to the training topics.

Below is some feedback from a subject matter expert on your question above:
    There are two very good courses offered by OU that will help an implementation consultant prepare for the SOA implementation exam.  I have taken both courses.  The first course, "Essential Concepts" is a 3-day overview course that hits the highlights of SOA Suite 11g and provides several, relatively short hands-on opportunities in several areas.  It is often delivered in LVT format.  The second course, "Build Composite Applications," is a 5-day, in-depth treatment of SOA Suite 11g.  It is most effectively experienced as an in-classroom experience.  This course is very rich (even too rich) with hands-on opportunities and covers most all topics at a greater depth than the "Essential Concepts" course.  This course is intensive.

There is a lot of overlap between the two courses.  I don't consider "Essential Concepts" as a pre-requisite for the "Build Composite Applications" course.  I think a student should take one or the other based upon how deep they want to dive into SOA Suite 11g.  As far as preparing the the implementation exam, taking the "Build Composite Applications" course would be best.  However, if 5-days of intensive, hands-on training isn't possible for the candidate, then the shorter, "Essential Concepts" would provide a great preparation step that could be augmented with additional self-study using some of the product documentation and via excellent third-party books that are available like:

Getting Started With Oracle SOA Suite 11g  R1: A Hands-On Tutorial (http://www.amazon.com/Getting-Started-Oracle-Hands--Tutorial/dp/184719978X/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1292360280&sr=1-2)
    Oracle SOA Suite 11g Handbook (http://www.amazon.com/Oracle-Suite-Handbook-Osborne-ORACLE/dp/0071608974/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1292360280&sr=1-1)

Please keep in mind that Oracle does not endorse any 3rd party books. These recommendations were made independent of the Oracle Certification Program, but they may be helpful.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
  • 10. Re: SOA 11g 1Z0-451 Study Materials and Sample Questions
    784376 Newbie
    Brandye,

Thank you so much for clearing my confusion. I can clearly visualize myself becoming a SOA 11g certified in near future after your comprehensive answer. Once again thanks for your efforts to consult a SME.

Regards
    Deepak
  • 11. Re: SOA 11g 1Z0-451 Study Materials and Sample Questions
    Deepak - we wish you all the best on your exam and commend you for your commitment to honest exam preparation.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
  • 12. Re: SOA 11g 1Z0-451 Study Materials and Sample Questions
    755727 Newbie
    Hi Preetip,

Can you share me the Oracle SOA Material : I have a SOA 11g Handbook
    Or any Other Material Related to Oracle Fusion
    My Personal Mail-id : [email address removed by moderator for security purposes]
    Thanks
    Reddy

Edited by: user8021475 on Feb 1, 2011 12:16 AM

Edited by: user8021475 on Feb 1, 2011 12:22 AM

Edited by: Certification Forum Moderator on Feb 1, 2011 11:49 AM
  • 13. Re: SOA 11g 1Z0-451 Study Materials and Sample Questions
    781084 Newbie
    Guys,

Oracle books are must for preparation here or can we only refer the Oracle provided developers and administration guides as available here.
    http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E17904_01/soa.htm

Scope of this exam seems to be much so exact material can really help everyone here.

Cheers,
    Kamal
  • 14. Re: SOA 11g 1Z0-451 Study Materials and Sample Questions
    830669 Newbie
    [all content removed by forum moderator based on risk of breach of copyright - poster under investigation]

Rule of thumb in copying and pasting content here: If you purchase materials, or if the materials were originally purchased by anyone, or if you obtained free materials that should have been purchased, the materials are likely copyrighted - it is illegal to reproduce them here. You will be in breach of copyright laws. If you are unsure - don't do it. If you post questions on this forum that turn out to be questions from an exam, you can be stripped of your Oracle certifications and banned from Oracle certification.

Edited by: Certification Forum Moderator on Feb 25, 2011 8:29 AM

Edited by: Certification Forum Moderator on Feb 25, 2011 8:31 AM
1 2 3 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points