4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 1, 2010 5:46 PM by Simarjeet RSS

DOM Parsing Exception in translator

Simarjeet
      Hi

We are hitting one issue in B2B/SOA 11g.

BPEL instance is not getting created in 11g. Messages are picked from B2B queue and BPEL is failing while dequeing.

It says that

DOM Parsing Exception in translator. DOM parsing exception in inbound XSD translator while parsing InputStream. Please make sure that the xml data is valid.

Is it due to large size of the message. I have seen the message size and it is more than 3 MB.

Pls help

Thanks
      Simarjeet
        • 1. Re: DOM Parsing Exception in translator
          Anuj Dwivedi--Oracle
          Hello Simar,

From my point of view, 3MB is not a very large message. Have you checked the message content at BPEL side (if I am not wrong then Rejection Handler shows it)

Also refer -

DOM Parsing Exception in translator. Dequeuing is failing

Regards,
          Anuj
          • 2. Re: DOM Parsing Exception in translator
            Anuj Dwivedi--Oracle
            http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E14571_01/integration.1111/e10224/sca_large_docs.htm#CIHEGHBF

Regards,
            Anuj
            • 3. Re: DOM Parsing Exception in translator
              Simarjeet
              Hi Anuj

I have analysed the issue in detail. B2B is not generating the payload for one of the message so dequeue is failing and message is rejected.

Say in one EDI file, we have 6 messages then B2B is able to create 6 separate messages while debatching but one of the message payload is empty. Error in log is

DOM parsing exception in inbound XSD translator while parsing InputStream.
              Please make sure that the xml data is valid.
              DOM Parsing Exception in translator.

at oracle.tip.adapter.aq.v2.database.MessageConverter.translateMessageBytes(MessageConverter.java:510)
                   at oracle.tip.adapter.aq.v2.database.MessageConverter.getSTRUCTPayload(MessageConverter.java:404)
                   at oracle.tip.adapter.aq.v2.database.MessageConverter.getPayload(MessageConverter.java:139)
                   at oracle.tip.adapter.aq.v2.database.XMLRecordMessageConverter.getRecord(XMLRecordMessageConverter.java:88)
                   at oracle.tip.adapter.aq.v2.database.AbstractDequeueAgent.getInputRecord(AbstractDequeueAgent.java:236)
                   at oracle.tip.adapter.aq.v2.database.AbstractDequeueAgent.run(AbstractDequeueAgent.java:101)
                   at oracle.integration.platform.blocks.executor.WorkManagerExecutor$1.run(WorkManagerExecutor.java:105)
                   at weblogic.work.j2ee.J2EEWorkManager$WorkWithListener.run(J2EEWorkManager.java:183)
                   at weblogic.work.DaemonWorkThread.run(DaemonWorkThread.java:30)
              Caused by: ORABPEL-11211

DOM Parsing Exception in translator.

at oracle.tip.pc.services.translation.xlators.xsd.XSDTranslator.translateFromNative(XSDTranslator.java:607)
                   at oracle.tip.adapter.aq.v2.database.MessageConverter.translateMessageBytes(MessageConverter.java:506)
                   ... 8 more
              Caused by: oracle.xml.parser.v2.XMLParseException: Start of root element expected.
                   at oracle.xml.parser.v2.XMLError.flushErrors1(XMLError.java:323)
                   at oracle.xml.parser.v2.NonValidatingParser.parseRootElement(NonValidatingParser.java:380)
                   at oracle.xml.parser.v2.NonValidatingParser.parseDocument(NonValidatingParser.java:321)
                   at oracle.xml.parser.v2.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:226)
                   at oracle.tip.pc.services.translation.xlators.xsd.XSDTranslator.translateFromNative(XSDTranslator.java:601)
                   ... 9 more

I have also tested the file using various modes unix/pc and ansi/utf-8 encoding. Is this issue related with performance tuning, tablespace etc?
              • 4. Re: DOM Parsing Exception in translator
                Simarjeet
                Hi

I have resolved the dequeue failure issue. Oracle B2B has configuration settings: large payload size and large payload directory. By default large payload size is 2 MB and large payload directory is /tmp. This /tmp directory can be changed if required.

If B2B sees that payload size > large payload size (e.g. 2MB) then it will save the payload in /tmp and don’t use database to save payload. This will help in situations where payload size is say 100MB. So instead of saving and retreiving from database, B2B will pick up from a file location. This helps B2B to perform better.

In our case, large payload size was set as 2MB, so files from few TP's that have payloads > 2MB were failing. This may be due to default unix encoding. Now I have increased the large payload size to 6 MB and issues are resolved.

Thanks
                Simarjeet