2 Replies Latest reply: May 27, 2011 6:22 AM by 864691 RSS

How do we port the obiee report from one location to another location?

My warehouse is running for one state. But now i want to copy the same reports to another state. The table structure's are same. Now
      i want port the obiee to another location and point to different schema.

What is the easiest way to migrate the report. My repoistory file name is EPMTX.rpd

I want to migrate to another state CA. The new repository file name should be EPMCA.rpd

The new reporsitory file should point to new database and new schema.

Any help is highly appreciated
        • 1. Re: How do we port the obiee report from one location to another location?
          you can do it by using catalog manager,move the reports from source to destination folder and edit the path in instanceconfig

just pass catalog path in

<CatalogPath>
          ---
          ----
          /CatalogPath>

thanks
          Rhishikesh

Edited by: user13490623 on Dec 18, 2010 3:01 AM
          • 2. Re: How do we port the obiee report from one location to another location?
            Always use the Catalog Manager which is a tool that lets you perform online and offline management of Presentation Catalogs. You can rename and delete items, and move and copy items within and between Presentation Catalogs.

choose Start > Programs > Oracle Business Intelligence > Catalog Manager

Online mode — Connects to a Presentation Catalog on a running Web server [use http://localhost:9704/analytics/saw.dll
            Offline mode — Connects to a local file system

Select the catalog object [folder, report, dashboard] you want to copy and then select File > Archive

Open the target web catalog in the catalog manager and unarchive the archived object