This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies
1. To install VM Server, and VM Manger on my Laptop.
You should be able to install Oracle VM server on your laptop. Give it a whirl. After the install you'll need to configure the Oracle VM Manager template to manager the environment.
For fun you could also try installing Oracle VM server on Oracle VM Virtual Box as a guest.
2. To install Oracle EBS using the template on this VM.
Your laptop will need a lot of RAM :-)
3. And other obiee softwares using templates.
Your laptop will need a lot of RAM and CPU :-)
4. And to work on the whole environment.
To help you realise your goals please review The Underground Oracle VM Manual located at http://itnewscast.com/underground-oracle-vm-manual
* Chapter 1: Oracle VM Introduction http://itnewscast.com/chapter-1-oracle-vm-introduction
* Chapter 2: Oracle VM Architectural Review http://itnewscast.com/chapter-2-oracle-vm-architectural-review
* Chapter 3: Hard and Soft Partitioning Oracle Technologies with Oracle VM http://itnewscast.com/chapter-3-hard-and-soft-partitioning-oracle-technologies-oracle-vm
* Chapter 4: Oracle VM Server Sizing, Installation and Updates Chapter 4: Oracle VM Server Sizing, Installation and Updates
* Chapter 5: Oracle VM Manager Sizing, Installation, Updates and the Oracle VM Manager CLI Chapter 4: Oracle VM Server Sizing, Installation and Updates
* Chapter 6: Oracle VM 2.2 SAN, iSCSI and NFS Back-end Storage Configurations http://itnewscast.com/chapter-6-oracle-vm-22-san-iscsi-and-nfs-backend-storage-configurations
* Chapter 7: Oracle VM Networking from A to 802.1Q Chapter 4: Oracle VM Server Sizing, Installation and Updates
* Virtualization Policy Project Introduction http://itnewscast.com/virtualization-policy-project-introduction
Sorry for the late reply, I was pulled into another project.............and now i got some time to catchup my research on EBS R12............
Thanks for such a detail post............it helps a lot............Thank you very much............
try installing Oracle VM server on Oracle VM Virtual Box as a guest.Can we install Oracle VM Server on a virtual machine? I tried installing it on VMWare, but i gave an error............
Edited by: user12296343 on Jan 13, 2011 7:52 AM