7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2010 11:53 AM by 800838

adcfgclone automation

Our management has planned to refresh the UAT instance from production backup every week.

I am trying to automate this process. I got to know of this note 345145.1 but it's not clearly explained.

The note says:

- Create the target system XML(s) (using adclonectx.pl) and keep this as a static file on your target node (s).

How do we do it ? What is the exact command and where will be the new file created ?

Does it overwrite the existing Context file ?

What i want is to keep this static file in some directory and everytime run the following command whenever a clone is needed.

perl adcfgclone.pl appsTier [static context file]

Can someone explain it to me.

Thanks.

Edited by: muneer.uae on Dec 5, 2010 2:44 AM
        • 1. Re: adcfgclone automation
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          Hi,
          How do we do it ? What is the exact command and where will be the new file created ?
          $ cd $COMMON_TOP/clone/bin
          $ perl adclonectx.pl contextfile=$APPL_TOP/admin/<Source Context File>.xml outfile=/<directory name>/<target Context File>.xml

$ cd $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/clone/bin
          $ perl adclonectx.pl contextfile=$APPL_TOP/admin/<Source Context File>.xml outfile=/<directory name>/<target Context File>.xml
          Does it overwrite the existing Context file ?
          No -- It clones the context files.
          What i want is to keep this static file in some directory and everytime run the following command whenever a clone is needed.

perl adcfgclone.pl appsTier [static context file]
          The static context file is the context file that you clone using the commands above.

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: adcfgclone automation
            Thank you so much Hussein. May Allah bless you for your wonderful work of helping others.
            • 3. Re: adcfgclone automation
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              Muneer,

Thanks for the kind words.

Regards,
              Hussein
              • 4. Re: adcfgclone automation
                One more question Hussein:

I have created the static Context file with the following command:

perl adclonectx.pl contextfile=/app1/orauat/inst/apps/UAT_oratapp/appl/admin/UAT_oratapp.xml outfile=/app1/orauat/UAT_oratapp_apps_static.xml

The statis file is created under /app1/orauat.

when i open the file, the CONTEXT_FILE parameter is:

<oa_context_file_loc oa_var="s_contextfile">/app1/orauat/UAT_oratapp_apps_static.xml</oa_context_file_loc>

so, when i use this file to run adcfgclone.pl as:

perl adcfgclone.pl appsTier /app1/orauat/UAT_oratapp_apps_static.xml

when i run this, where will the target context file will be created ? Will i have to manually copy this file to $INST_TOP/appl/admin as UAT_oratapp.xml, and then run autoconfig.sh with specifying the context file location as $INST_TOP/appl/admin/UAT_oratapp.xml ...or, does it automatically create the new context file in $INST_TOP/appl/admin.

Edited by: muneer.uae on Dec 5, 2010 3:27 AM

Edited by: muneer.uae on Dec 5, 2010 3:27 AM
                • 5. Re: adcfgclone automation
                  waiting for hussein's answer :(

Edited by: muneer.uae on Dec 5, 2010 3:32 AM
                  • 6. Re: adcfgclone automation
                    EBSDBA
                    Dear Muneer,
                    The context file will be created automatically at the location $INST_TOP/appl/admin

Thanks
                    • 7. Re: adcfgclone automation
                      Thanks a lot.

Edited by: muneer.uae on Dec 5, 2010 3:53 AM