This content has been marked as final. Show 15 replies
Hi,1 person found this helpful
But if you don’t know that you probably are going to make a lot of mistakes on your install. Why not get help from someone who knows Siebel?
Lead Architect and Director
Ponder Pro Serve
Thanks so much for ur reply,
Does the siebel 8.1 run on win 7? Is it compatible? I mean can i install and work on client, tools and sample database. I find many cases of incompitibility on internet..
Edited by: Shanmukh on Dec 7, 2010 6:25 PM
I have one more question
Hi Shanmukh,1 person found this helpful
Officialy Siebel 8.1 is not supported on Windows 7. However, you can install the sample Tools and Web Client on Win 7 and use them for your learning activities without any issues.
For installing the sample installation ensure the following:
1. before commencing installation, right click on oui.exe and in the properties choose to run it as an administrator and in compatibility mode for Windows Xp.(oui.exe is the installer for Siebel)
2. for installing siebel tools for sample you need not worry about the various parameters. The default hold good. So you can generally do a Next Next button click installation. However, it will be still good to see all the various parameters as this will be informative in your later stages of learning.
3. Same holds true for siebel web client.
4. for installing siebel sample oracle has provided install shield wizard instead of oui.exe. In this the path is generally pointing to the wrong directory. You will need to change this to the Siebel Web Client installation folder. This should normally be like c:\siebel\8.1\client_1\local.
5. The userid and password for accessing the sample db is sadmin / sadmin.
Hi Tanmay Jain ,
I am very really thankful for taking your time out and answering my question in a detailed fashion.
I will get back in case of any problems i encounter while installation.
I downloaded SEA media pack 8.1 from edelivery site, i extracted all the jar files related to enu language but i cant find oui.exe anywhere. Please help.
finally found oui.exe, installed client, tools and sample db
thanks everyone for the help.
Edited by: Shanmukh on Dec 10, 2010 9:56 AM
Edited by: Shanmukh on Dec 10, 2010 10:48 AM
Downloading the Oracle Virtual Machine template seems to be a better option.
You can refer to the following link:
You will find the installation guide and Oracle training on the Siebel VM Template.
You can download the template @ http://edelivery.oracle.com/oraclevm
Select Oracle Product Pack: Oracle VM Templates, then x86 32 bits ou 64 bits.
Is it possible to get a free download of siebel trial version?
Yes, it is possible. Go to edelivery.oracle.com site and choose Siebel CRM and then you will find lot of things to download, download the 'Siebel Business Application media pack (SEA)' (without translations). And in that package download client (2 parts), tools and sample DB and ignore the remaining.
I have a Macbook Air (latest model) and using Safari 5.0.3 version. I am not able to access Siebel 8.1 application. When I tried to access the application, it gives me an error message that
Your version of the Siebel High Interactivity Framework for IE, required for use of this Siebel application, may not be current. In order to download a current version of the Siebel High Interactivity Framework, please ensure that your browser security settings are correct and then log in to the application again. Consult your system administrator for details about the Siebel High Interactivity Framework and correct browser settings"
Pl. suggest how do i access siebel 8.1.
You said officially siebel 8.1 is not supported on Windows 7. Do u know if i can find any documents regarding that. It would be helpful for me.