This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 25, 2010 12:28 AM by Kalyan Pasupuleti-Oracle RSS

Too Late to process the annotation in the build script.

793456 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

My build script is taking 17 to 18 mins for processing the annotation.

<property name="aggregated.factory.class" value="com.bea.workshop.controls.runtime.generator.AggregatedAnnotationProcessorFactory" />

<apt sourcepath="${java.sourcepath}" srcdir="${.java.src.dir}" listfiles="true" includes="${.java.src.include}" excludes="${.java.src.exclude}" destdir="${.java.src.output}" preprocessdir="${apt.src.output.dir}" classpathref="java.classpath" factory="${aggregated.factory.class}" factorypathref="apt.factory.path" options="${apt.options}" compile="false" memoryinitialsize="512m" memoryMaximumSize="1024m" fork="true" />

This particular line is executed for 17 to 18 mins. The Command prompt will be ideal for those 18 mins with the below message:
[apt] warning: Annotation types without processors: [java.lang.SuppressWarnings, java.lang.Override, org.apache.beehive.controls.system.jdbc.JdbcContr
ol.ConnectionDataSource, org.apache.beehive.controls.system.jdbc.JdbcControl.SQL, com.bea.control.annotations.TransactionAttribute, com.bea.p13n.controls.se
curityProvider.GroupProviderControl.GroupProviderParams, com.bea.p13n.controls.securityProvider.UserProviderControl.UserProviderParams]

Do any one faced similar issue. Please help me to reduce my build time.

Thanks,
Arvinth
  • 1. Re: Too Late to process the annotation in the build script.
    Kalyan Pasupuleti-Oracle Expert
    Hi Arvinth,

As you are trying build the Portal application so increase heap size initial and max to 2 GB this will reduce the time to build the app.

Regards,
    Kal.
  • 2. Re: Too Late to process the annotation in the build script.
    793456 Newbie
    Thanks for your Response Kal.
    I have changed as your suggestion. My memoryinitialsize is 512m and memoryMaximumSize is 2048 m. But still the build takes 22 mins total. 17 to 18 mins for that particular command execution.

Thanks & Regards,
    Arvinth
  • 3. Re: Too Late to process the annotation in the build script.
    Hi Arvinth,

increase the initalize memory size as equal to max heap size and put -verbose option and check where it is taking more time to compile and build the application.

Regads,
    Kal.
  • 4. Re: Too Late to process the annotation in the build script.
    kosta Journeyer
    I would guess that your application is big enough that that's how long the build needs to take to process it. A 17 to 18 minute build doesn't strike me as overly long for non-trivial application, but here are some strategies for coping with long build times:

1. Modularize your application. If you only make changes in one part, you will be able to re-build just that module, saving yourself the time of building everything from scratch.

2. Get faster hardware. Builds are very sensitive to disk system performance. A laptop with an energy-saving 5400 RPM HDD will run the build several times slower than a desktop with several 10k Raptors in RAID, even if they have comparable CPU and memory.

Hope this helps.

- Konstantin
  • 5. Re: Too Late to process the annotation in the build script.
    793456 Newbie
    As Kal mentioned
    I have set verbose="true" in the build script and tried executing the build. I could observe that the time is consumed for the
    [apt] [loading com/bea/control/interceptors/TransactionInterceptor.class(com/bea/control/interceptors:TransactionInterceptor.class)]
    and
    [apt] [loading java/util/SortedSet.class(java/util:SortedSet.class)]
    and
    [apt] [loading org/apache/commons/validator/ValidatorResults.class(l/commons/validator:ValidatorResults.class)]

which takes 3 mins each. Am not sure why this loads the dependent jars at the compile time. I think some where I have set the .jar files in the path.

In the log I could see there are aroud three pages of jar file path in the continuation to the resources.jar below.
    [apt] [search path for class files: /apps/bea/platform/10.3.0/jdk160_05/jre/lib/resources.jar, ....
    is there any issue setting the path.

Can you help me.

Thanks,
    Arvinth                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
  • 6. Re: Too Late to process the annotation in the build script.
    793456 Newbie
    Thanks for your Responce Konstantin,
    My Application is not that big to take 17 mins to 18 mins for a particular module. In my application there are around 5 projects all the other 4 builds faster, only the web project takes time, because of the annotations. I feel there should be a way or there should be some unnecessary things making this delay. My application is weblogic portal application.

Thanks,
    Arvinth
  • 7. Re: Too Late to process the annotation in the build script.
    793456 Newbie
    Hi Kal,

Do you have any idea why this is taking long time to process that particular statements.

Thanks,
    Arvinth
  • 8. Re: Too Late to process the annotation in the build script.
    Hi Arvinth,

I think you are using JRockit by default try to change to sun Jdk and include permsize parameters and try to build the application.

Hope this should make the difference in the performances.

Note|: This suggestion is done because you are using atp command in your build so there should be some difference in JRockit and Sun JDK.

let me know if you have still problem in this issue.

Regards,
    Kal.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points