This content has been marked as final. Show 10 replies
Pl post details of OS, database, EBS and Discoverer versions. Pl see if MOS Doc 422299.1 (How to Export Workbooks in Discoverer 10g(10.1.2) from Command Prompt) can help.1 person found this helpful
OS: OEL 5.4,
Pl see this link in the docs - http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E14571_01/bi.1111/b32519/maintain_eul.htm#sthref1061 person found this helpful
Please see (How to Migrate Workbooks from Discoverer Administrator Export/Import Wizard [ID 742392.1]).
I got some info in that but the thing I need is How we can workout from command prompt. There is a command once I tried to export the workbooks, it worked fine. But that command was missed in my document which I prepared.
The commands (manual) is referenced in the same doc (Note: 742392.1).
Yeah I gone through that yesterday itself but need some more examples like that. There examples are not provided there.
You can find some examples in this link.
Script to export Discoverer Workbook from the Discoverer Repository
Thank you very much Hussein. I need the examples like that which was shown in the site you provided. Great job.
I have developed a backup procedure to ensure that we always have backups of workbooks made by all users at all times = complete history of workbooks.
The concept is:
- each workbook is backed up individually = each workbook is individually recoverable
- the full history is kept = you may recover from any previous backup
- all workbooks made by all users at any time in the EUL lifetime are included
- the backup command lines are generated automatically = no workbooks are forgotten
The process is
- create the individual export command lines from the EUL
- copy and paste the command lines into a predefined .BAT file
- execute the .BAT file