This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 13, 2010 9:31 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

Oracle 10g Developer installation on Windows 7 32 bit

807944 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello everyone,

The below query might seems familiar to most of you but the problem which is occurring is totally unique for me..

I need some advise regarding Oracle 10g Development installation on Windows 7 32 bit.

I have gone through all the ways on internet and it really works for Windows 7 32 and 64 bit OS. I have install Oracle 10g Developer suit sucessfully on my friend's laptop on Windows 7 (same model and brand) but not successful on my laptop.

Here what I have done and what i expect (which is not happening) (Please note that the below detail can easily be understandable who have tried installing Oracle on Windows 7)
1. I have Oracle 10g form installation copy (10.1.2.0.2) (also downloaded latest copy from OTN) and change the oraparam.ini and added 6.1 in Windows.
2. Change virtual memory and set to 3000 maximum.
3. Run the setup.exe
4. It shows me the error that Program abnormally terminated and some files are missing 'UNKNOWN'. etc...
5. After pressing OK on that error message, Program compatibility window should be started to reinstall the abnormal termination with recommended setting. That window is not appearing which is appearing on another machine where I have installed. (Already check that program compatibility service is running).

Can any have experience the same and share what step u have taken to install it.

Will really appreciate the replies. Thanks.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points