1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2011 11:00 AM by Michael Ferrante-Oracle RSS

The Application's digital certificate can not be verified.

Hi All,

If anyone faced the alert "The Application's digital certificate can not be verified. Do you want to run the application?" while running forms with x-java applet in IE-8,
      please give me to fix it.

I am using Developer Suite 10g, Forms [32 Bit] Version 9.0.4.0.19 (Production) in XP (OS).

Arif
        • 1. Re: The Application's digital certificate can not be verified.
          CraigB
          Arif,
          Have you digitally signed your Java Bean (I assume you are using a Java Bean in your Form)? If the .jar file is not signed, the Runtime will prompt you to allow the application to run. Take a look at Verifying Signed JAR Files for information on how to check if your JAR file has been signed and take a look at Oracle 9i Forms: JAR File Signing for JInitiator 1.3. Although, this white paper is for Jinitiator, the process is the same for the Sun JRE.

Craig B-)

If someone's response is helpful or correct, please mark it accordingly.
          • 2. Re: The Application's digital certificate can not be verified.
            Michael Ferrante-Oracle
            You said:
            "...Application's digital certificate can not be verified..."
            This means that your jar files (Oracle's or your own) have been signed but the certificate is unknown to the JRE you are using. In earlier versions of Forms, jar files were signed by "Oracle". Since Oracle is not in the list of standard Certificate Authorities, it cannot be verified based on the list included with the JRE. Note that there was a release of Jinitiator which also exposed this warning. This was a bug and was corrected in a later release. As Craig mentioned, if you are using custom java beans in your app, you would have self-signed the jar files and therefore the same message would be thrown.

You indicated that you are using an old Forms version (9.0.4.0). If you are using Jinitiator, I would recommend using the last release (Jinit is no longer supported) which is 1.3.1.30. If you are using the Java Plug-in, I would not recommend using anything newer than what would be considered certified for Forms 9.0.4.x. Given the certification for 9.0.x IE7 and JRE 1.4.2_xx would be the newest versions supported (refer to the url below).

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/forms/clientsod-forms10g-094744.html

It is probably time to consider upgrading to a newer release. The latest release is 11.1.1.3, however 10.1.2.3 is currently still supported. Support for 9.0.4.x ended some time ago (see MyOracleSupport Note 307040.1 for details).
            • 3. Re: The Application's digital certificate can not be verified.
              Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have singed my jar file while running with Jinitiator and also done it successfully.Well I've done it in run-time.

But now i am not being able to do it for x-java applet. Will you please tell me how can i check verification status or verity them.

In which prompt(in command prompt) and how i will apply the code with the basic command to use for verifying a signed JAR file is:

jarsigner -verify jar-file

Arif
              • 4. Re: The Application's digital certificate can not be verified.
                Michael Ferrante-Oracle
                I'm sorry, but I don't at all understand your question. Let me just say this, when a jar file (applet) is loaded by the JRE which has been signed, you will always (the first time it is loaded) get one of two messages. You will see one of the following:

<li> The application's digital signature has been verified.
                <li> +The application's digital certificate can not be verified.+

If the certificate used to sign the jar is identified in the JRE's keystore, the first message will appear, indicating that the signature is trusted/known. If the cert was not previously imported into the keystore, the second message will appear. This can also be displayed if the signature has been damaged or altered. To avoid the second message, you would need to either use a known certificate authority (i.e. Verisgn) to sign your jars or import your own into the JRE using the java keytool utility.

Regardless of which message is displayed, one or the other will always be presented until such time as you check the box (at runtime) which says something like "+Always trust...+"

Here are some references which may help you to better understand.

<li>http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/tools/windows/keytool.html

<li>http://www.developer.com/java/ent/article.php/3092771/How-Digital-Signatures-Work-Digitally-Signing-Messages.htm

<li>http://www.google.com/search?q=java+application+digital+certificate+can+not+be+verified
                • 5. Re: The Application's digital certificate can not be verified.
                  Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion but the scenario on my side is that, while i try to run froms with jinitiator in IE-6 it's everything is ok and for the first time i have signed all the java/jar files.
                  The formsweb.cfg file contain the value like..

[Arif]
                  workingDirectory=E:\Software\Arif\FormsVsReports\Support_Module
                  form=LOGON_FORM.fmx
                  separateFrame=True
                  lookandfeel=Generic

On the other hand while i try to run forms with x-java-applet with IE6/IE7/IE8 i am begin able to run forms but few of my forms not running. For the first time for every java component i found the java alert to certify or to trust and i have been trusted for always.

My formsweb.cfg file for x-java-applet is ...

[Arif]
                  workingDirectory=E:\Software\Arif\FormsVsReports\Support_Module
                  jpi_classid=clsid:CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA
                  jpi_codebase=http://57.200.1.63:52003/forms/jinitiator/jre16016.exe#Version=1,6,0,16
                  jpi_mimetype=application/x-java-applet;
                  jpi_download_page=/forms/jinitiator/us/jinit_download.htm
                  em_mode=0
                  baseHTMLjpi=basejpi.htm
                  baseHTMLJInitiator=basejpi.htm
                  archive_jini=f90all_jinit.jar,lablediconbutton.jar,swingbutton.jar,amazingbutton.jar,jtextfieldcursor.jar,blink.jar,multirecord.jar,ComboMenuBar.jar,poplist.jar,showmessage.jar,inputdialog.jar,Slider.jar,htmlbutton.jar,keytyped.jar,htmlpane.jar,keypressed.jar,bean_timer.jar,fjtable.jar,appletproperties.jar,htmlbrowser.jar,additem.jar,additem2.jar,frame.jar,sound.jar,formsframes.jar,formsframes5.jar,fjmap.jar,fjutilities.jar,clientfile.jar,asyncjob.jar,handleimage.jar,classes12.jar,socketserver.jar,chat.jar,SendMail.jar,activation.jar,mail.jar,calendar.jar,javahost.jar,paintcanevas.jar,POP3Reader.jar,commons-net-1.4.1.jar,personalize.jar,JSpelling.jar,jazzy-SpellChecker.jar,handleimage3.jar,looks-2.0.1.jar,FJCalendar.jar,jcalendar-1.3.2.jar,JCalendarJinit.jar,jcalendar.jar,simpleFTP.jar,ftpbean.jar,AWTFileDialog.jar,colorpicker.jar,HyperLink.jar,SWTree1.jar,GetImageFileName.jar
                  form=LOGON_FORM.fmx
                  #userid=req_user/req@dba
                  separateFrame=True
                  lookandfeel=Generic

Now tell me, what i need to do more to verify the digital certification manually. For your kind information, i've never find the alter from java after trust them for always.
                  If i can manually verify the certificates for java then please tell me how can i do?

I have checked your links but i am still confuse how to implement the code to check the status of the jar files or to verify the jar files. Can you please get out of the curse i am
                  being suffering for this.

Arif
                  • 6. Re: The Application's digital certificate can not be verified.
                    Michael Ferrante-Oracle
                    Although still not entirely clear, the first thing I would say is that you need to define a JRE version. You should not simple enter " *jpi_mimetype=application/x-java-applet;* ". Change that to a more appropriate entry. For example:
                    jpi_mimetype=application/x-java-applet;version=1.6
                    With that said, as I already mentioned, JRE 1.6 is not supported for use with Forms 9.0.4. If you choose to use it, you will likely have problems much like you are already seeing.

Try using JRE 1.4.2_xx or upgrading to a supported Forms version.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/archive-139210.html
                    • 7. Re: The Application's digital certificate can not be verified.
                      Hi,

I think you are right. Then, will you tell me the way i can implement JRE 1.4.2_xx or upgrading to a supported Forms version step by step.

You got my formsweb.cfg file and the configuration i am using. Please give me a solution for my existing system because some applications are running on this system.

Arif
                      • 8. Re: The Application's digital certificate can not be verified.
                        Hi All,

I have Installed JRE and edited the formsweb.cfg file as follows---

[jreconfig]
                        baseHTMLJInitiator=webutiljpi.htm
                        jpi_download_page=http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/1.4.2_09/index.html
                        jpi_classid=clsid:8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93
                        jpi_codebase=http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/autodl/jinstall-1_4-windows-i586.cab#Version=1,4,0,0
                        WebUtilArchive=frmwebutil.jar,jacob.jar
                        WebUtilLogging=off
                        WebUtilLoggingDetail=normal
                        WebUtilErrorMode=Alert
                        WebUtilDispatchMonitorInterval=5
                        WebUtilTrustInternal=true
                        WebUtilMaxTransferSize=16384
                        archive=f90all.jar,frmall.jar,fjtable.jar,simpleFTP.jar,ftpbean.jar,AWTFileDialog.jar,lablediconbutton.jar,swingbutton.jar,amazingbutton.jar,jtextfieldcursor.jar,blink.jar,multirecord.jar,ComboMenuBar.jar,poplist.jar,showmessage.jar,inputdialog.jar,Slider.jar,htmlbutton.jar,keytyped.jar,htmlpane.jar,keypressed.jar,bean_timer.jar,fjtable.jar,appletproperties.jar,htmlbrowser.jar,additem.jar,additem2.jar,frame.jar,sound.jar,formsframes.jar,formsframes5.jar,fjmap.jar,fjutilities.jar,clientfile.jar,asyncjob.jar,handleimage.jar,classes12.jar,socketserver.jar,chat.jar,SendMail.jar,activation.jar,mail.jar,calendar.jar,javahost.jar,paintcanevas.jar,POP3Reader.jar,commons-net-1.4.1.jar,personalize.jar,JSpelling.jar,jazzy-SpellChecker.jar,handleimage3.jar,looks-2.0.1.jar,FJCalendar.jar,jcalendar-1.3.2.jar,JCalendarJinit.jar,jcalendar.jar,simpleFTP.jar,ftpbean.jar,AWTFileDialog.jar,colorpicker.jar,HyperLink.jar,SWTree1.jar,GetImageFileName.jar
                        #archive=frmall.jar
                        workingDirectory=E:\Software\Arif\FormsVsReports\Network_Module
                        form=LOGON_FORM.fmx
                        separateFrame=True
                        lookandfeel=Generic

Then i try to run the form with the url:
                        http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/f90servlet?config=jreconfig
                        I got nothing change. Only the specific forms do not run and if i try to run them i get no output. I got the report on java console as given below----
                        Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23
                        Using JRE version 1.6.0_23-b05 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
                        User home directory = E:\Documents and Settings\Arif
                        ----------------------------------------------------
                        c: clear console window
                        f: finalize objects on finalization queue
                        g: garbage collect
                        h: display this help message
                        l: dump classloader list
                        m: print memory usage
                        o: trigger logging
                        q: hide console
                        r: reload policy configuration
                        s: dump system and deployment properties
                        t: dump thread list
                        v: dump thread stack
                        x: clear classloader cache
                        0-5: set trace level to <n>

java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: sun.java2d.SunGraphicsEnvironment.setFallbackFont(java.lang.String)
                             at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Unknown Source)
                             at oracle.forms.engine.Main.initDesktop(Unknown Source)
                             at oracle.forms.engine.Main.start(Unknown Source)
                             at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
                             at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
                        java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: sun.java2d.SunGraphicsEnvironment.preferLocaleSpecificFonts()
                             at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
                        proxyHost=null
                        proxyPort=0
                        connectMode=HTTP, native.
                        Forms Applet version is : 9.0.4.0
                        Exception in thread "thread applet-oracle.forms.engine.Main-1" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/bali/share/sort/StringComparator
                             at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
                             at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Unknown Source)
                             at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethod(Unknown Source)
                             at java.awt.Component.isCoalesceEventsOverriden(Unknown Source)
                             at java.awt.Component.isCoalesceEventsOverriden(Unknown Source)
                             at java.awt.Component.access$500(Unknown Source)
                             at java.awt.Component$3.run(Unknown Source)
                             at java.awt.Component$3.run(Unknown Source)
                             at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
                             at java.awt.Component.checkCoalescing(Unknown Source)
                             at java.awt.Component.<init>(Unknown Source)
                             at java.awt.Container.<init>(Unknown Source)
                             at oracle.ewt.lwAWT.LWComponent.<init>(Unknown Source)
                             at oracle.ewt.lwAWT.LWDataSourceChoice.<init>(Unknown Source)
                             at oracle.ewt.lwAWT.LWChoice.<init>(Unknown Source)
                             at oracle.ewt.comboBox.ComboBox.<init>(Unknown Source)
                             at oracle.ewt.comboBox.ComboBox.<init>(Unknown Source)
                             at oracle.forms.ui.VComboBox.<init>(Unknown Source)
                             at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
                             at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
                             at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
                             at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
                             at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
                             at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
                             at oracle.forms.handler.UICommon.instantiate(Unknown Source)
                             at oracle.forms.handler.UICommon.onCreate(Unknown Source)
                             at oracle.forms.handler.PopListItem.onCreate(Unknown Source)
                             at oracle.forms.handler.ComboBoxItem.onCreate(Unknown Source)
                             at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.onCreateHandler(Unknown Source)
                             at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.processMessage(Unknown Source)
                             at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.processSet(Unknown Source)
                             at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.onMessageReal(Unknown Source)
                             at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.onMessage(Unknown Source)
                             at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.sendInitialMessage(Unknown Source)
                             at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.startRunform(Unknown Source)
                             at oracle.forms.engine.Main.createRunform(Unknown Source)
                        Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.bali.share.sort.StringComparator
                             at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
                             at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass0(Unknown Source)
                             at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
                             at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
                             ... 39 more
                        Caused by: java.io.IOException: open HTTP connection failed:http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/oracle/bali/share/sort/StringComparator.class
                             at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.getBytes(Unknown Source)
                             at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
                             at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
                             ... 44 more

Please help if you can.
                        Arif
                        • 9. Re: The Application's digital certificate can not be verified.
                          Michael Ferrante-Oracle
                          In order to use JRE 1.4, you will need to uninstall all newer versions. This means you need to uninstall 1.6 from the client machine (reboot after uninstall). Also, you need to ensure that the correct mime type version has been declared if you want to use a non-IE brower. So, be sure to set:
                          jpi_mimetype=application/x-java-applet;version=1.4
                          • 10. Re: The Application's digital certificate can not be verified.
                            Hi,
                            I have changed the formsweb.cfg file like that---
                            [jreconfig]
                            baseHTMLJInitiator=webutiljpi.htm
                            jpi_classid=clsid:CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA
                            jpi_codebase=http://57.200.1.63:52003/forms/jinitiator/jre16016.exe#Version=1,6,0,16
                            jpi_mimetype=application/x-java-applet;version=1.6
                            jpi_download_page=/forms/jinitiator/us/jinit_download.htm
                            WebUtilArchive=frmwebutil.jar,jacob.jar
                            WebUtilLogging=off
                            WebUtilLoggingDetail=normal
                            WebUtilErrorMode=Alert
                            WebUtilDispatchMonitorInterval=5
                            WebUtilTrustInternal=true
                            WebUtilMaxTransferSize=16384
                            archive=f90all.jar,frmall.jar,fjtable.jar,simpleFTP.jar,ftpbean.jar,AWTFileDialog.jar,lablediconbutton.jar,swingbutton.jar,amazingbutton.jar,jtextfieldcursor.jar,blink.jar,multirecord.jar,ComboMenuBar.jar,poplist.jar,showmessage.jar,inputdialog.jar,Slider.jar,htmlbutton.jar,keytyped.jar,htmlpane.jar,keypressed.jar,bean_timer.jar,fjtable.jar,appletproperties.jar,htmlbrowser.jar,additem.jar,additem2.jar,frame.jar,sound.jar,formsframes.jar,formsframes5.jar,fjmap.jar,fjutilities.jar,clientfile.jar,asyncjob.jar,handleimage.jar,classes12.jar,socketserver.jar,chat.jar,SendMail.jar,activation.jar,mail.jar,calendar.jar,javahost.jar,paintcanevas.jar,POP3Reader.jar,commons-net-1.4.1.jar,personalize.jar,JSpelling.jar,jazzy-SpellChecker.jar,handleimage3.jar,looks-2.0.1.jar,FJCalendar.jar,jcalendar-1.3.2.jar,JCalendarJinit.jar,jcalendar.jar,simpleFTP.jar,ftpbean.jar,AWTFileDialog.jar,colorpicker.jar,HyperLink.jar,SWTree1.jar,GetImageFileName.jar
                            workingDirectory=E:\Software\Arif\FormsVsReports\Network_Module
                            form=LOGON_FORM.fmx
                            separateFrame=True
                            lookandfeel=Generic
                            I am running IE Version 6 now.
                            The Java Console Report shows--
                            Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23
                            Using JRE version 1.6.0_23-b05 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
                            User home directory = E:\Documents and Settings\Arif

c: clear console window
                            f: finalize objects on finalization queue
                            g: garbage collect
                            h: display this help message
                            l: dump classloader list
                            m: print memory usage
                            o: trigger logging
                            q: hide console
                            r: reload policy configuration
                            s: dump system and deployment properties
                            t: dump thread list
                            v: dump thread stack
                            x: clear classloader cache
                            0-5: set trace level to <n>

security: property package.access value sun.,com.sun.xml.internal.ws.,com.sun.xml.internal.bind.,com.sun.imageio.
                            security: property package.access new value sun.,com.sun.xml.internal.ws.,com.sun.xml.internal.bind.,com.sun.imageio.,com.sun.javaws
                            security: property package.access value sun.,com.sun.xml.internal.ws.,com.sun.xml.internal.bind.,com.sun.imageio.,com.sun.javaws
                            security: property package.access new value sun.,com.sun.xml.internal.ws.,com.sun.xml.internal.bind.,com.sun.imageio.,com.sun.javaws,com.sun.deploy
                            security: property package.access value sun.,com.sun.xml.internal.ws.,com.sun.xml.internal.bind.,com.sun.imageio.,com.sun.javaws,com.sun.deploy
                            security: property package.access new value sun.,com.sun.xml.internal.ws.,com.sun.xml.internal.bind.,com.sun.imageio.,com.sun.javaws,com.sun.deploy,com.sun.jnlp
                            security: property package.definition value null
                            security: property package.definition new value com.sun.javaws
                            security: property package.definition value com.sun.javaws
                            security: property package.definition new value com.sun.javaws,com.sun.deploy
                            security: property package.definition value com.sun.javaws,com.sun.deploy
                            security: property package.definition new value com.sun.javaws,com.sun.deploy,com.sun.jnlp
                            security: property package.access value sun.,com.sun.xml.internal.ws.,com.sun.xml.internal.bind.,com.sun.imageio.,com.sun.javaws,com.sun.deploy,com.sun.jnlp
                            security: property package.access new value sun.,com.sun.xml.internal.ws.,com.sun.xml.internal.bind.,com.sun.imageio.,com.sun.javaws,com.sun.deploy,com.sun.jnlp,org.mozilla.jss
                            security: property package.definition value com.sun.javaws,com.sun.deploy,com.sun.jnlp
                            security: property package.definition new value com.sun.javaws,com.sun.deploy,com.sun.jnlp,org.mozilla.jss
                            basic: Added progress listener: sun.plugin.util.GrayBoxPainter$GrayBoxProgressListener@f18e8e
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/f90all.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/frmall.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/fjtable.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/simpleFTP.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/ftpbean.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/AWTFileDialog.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/lablediconbutton.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/swingbutton.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/amazingbutton.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/jtextfieldcursor.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/blink.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/multirecord.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/ComboMenuBar.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/poplist.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/showmessage.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/inputdialog.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/Slider.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/htmlbutton.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/keytyped.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/htmlpane.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/keypressed.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/bean_timer.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/fjtable.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/appletproperties.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/htmlbrowser.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/additem.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/additem2.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/frame.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/sound.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/formsframes.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/formsframes5.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/fjmap.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/fjutilities.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/clientfile.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/asyncjob.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/handleimage.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/classes12.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/socketserver.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/chat.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/SendMail.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/activation.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/mail.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/calendar.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/javahost.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/paintcanevas.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/POP3Reader.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/commons-net-1.4.1.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/personalize.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/JSpelling.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/jazzy-SpellChecker.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/handleimage3.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/looks-2.0.1.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/FJCalendar.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/jcalendar-1.3.2.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/JCalendarJinit.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/jcalendar.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/simpleFTP.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/ftpbean.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/AWTFileDialog.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/colorpicker.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/HyperLink.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/SWTree1.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/GetImageFileName.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/frmwebutil.jar
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.addURL parent called for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/jacob.jar
                            security: Blacklist revocation check is enabled
                            security: Trusted libraries list check is enabled
                            network: Cache entry found [url: http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/f90all.jar, version: null] prevalidated=false/0
                            network: Connecting http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/f90all.jar with proxy=DIRECT
                            network: Connecting http://192.168.0.21:8889/ with proxy=DIRECT
                            network: ResponseCode for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/f90all.jar : 304
                            network: Encoding for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/f90all.jar : null
                            network: Disconnect connection to http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/f90all.jar
                            cache: Reading Signers from 727 http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/f90all.jar | E:\Documents and Settings\Arif\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\21\62561055-17eb8e57.idx
                            cache: Read manifest for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/f90all.jar: read=45 full=64232
                            security: Loading Root CA certificates from E:\Program Files\Java\JRE\lib\security\cacerts
                            security: Loaded Root CA certificates from E:\Program Files\Java\JRE\lib\security\cacerts
                            security: Loading Deployment certificates from E:\Documents and Settings\Arif\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\security\trusted.certs
                            security: Loaded Deployment certificates from E:\Documents and Settings\Arif\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\security\trusted.certs
                            security: Loading certificates from Deployment session certificate store
                            security: Loaded certificates from Deployment session certificate store
                            security: Loading certificates from Internet Explorer ROOT certificate store
                            security: Loaded certificates from Internet Explorer ROOT certificate store
                            security: Loading certificates from Internet Explorer TrustedPublisher certificate store
                            security: Loaded certificates from Internet Explorer TrustedPublisher certificate store
                            security: Validate the certificate chain using CertPath API
                            security: Obtain certificate collection in Root CA certificate store
                            security: Start to check whether root CA is replaced
                            security: The root CA hasnt been replaced
                            security: No timestamping info available
                            security: Found jurisdiction list file
                            security: No need to checking trusted extension for this certificate
                            security: The CRL support is enabled
                            security: This certificate does not have CRL extension
                            security: Use CRL setting from certificate
                            security: The OCSP support is enabled
                            security: This certificate does not have AIA extension
                            security: Use OCSP setting from certificate
                            security: This OCSP End Entity validation is disabled
                            security: Checking if certificate is in Deployment denied certificate store
                            security: Checking if certificate is in Deployment permanent certificate store
                            basic: updateValidationResultsForApplet update
                            cache: Mark prevalidated: http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/f90all.jar true tm=1293605675593 cert=1112918400000
                            security: Loading certificates from Internet Explorer TrustedPublisher certificate store
                            security: Loaded certificates from Internet Explorer TrustedPublisher certificate store
                            cache: Mark prevalidated: http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/f90all.jar true tm=1293605675640 cert=1112918400000
                            basic: Plugin2ClassLoader.getPermissions CeilingPolicy allPerms
                            basic: Applet loaded.
                            basic: Applet resized and added to parent container
                            basic: PERF: AppletExecutionRunnable - applet.init() BEGIN ; jvmLaunch dt 330915 us, pluginInit dt 1563169 us, TotalTime: 1894084 us
                            basic: Applet initialized
                            basic: Removed progress listener: sun.plugin.util.GrayBoxPainter$GrayBoxProgressListener@f18e8e
                            basic: Applet made visible
                            basic: Starting applet
                            basic: completed perf rollup
                            java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: sun.java2d.SunGraphicsEnvironment.setFallbackFont(java.lang.String)
                            java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: sun.java2d.SunGraphicsEnvironment.preferLocaleSpecificFonts()
                            basic: Loaded image: jar:http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/f90all.jar!/oracle/forms/icons/splash.gif
                            basic: Loaded image: jar:http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/f90all.jar!/oracle/forms/icons/bgnd.gif
                            network: Cache entry not found [url: http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/oracle/forms/registry/Registry.dat, version: null]
                            network: Connecting http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/oracle/forms/registry/Registry.dat with proxy=DIRECT
                            network: Cache entry not found [url: http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/oracle/forms/registry/default.dat, version: null]
                            network: Connecting http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/oracle/forms/registry/default.dat with proxy=DIRECT
                            proxyHost=null
                            proxyPort=0
                            connectMode=HTTP, native.
                            network: Connecting http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/f90servlet?config=jreconfig&acceptLanguage=en-us&ifcmd=startsession with proxy=DIRECT
                            network: Connecting http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/l90servlet;jsessionid=c0a8001522b9c43d83398f6f40d7b75fbdfb12d1bb0f?ifcmd=getinfo&ifhost=aibl-f460448a97&ifip=192.168.0.21 with proxy=DIRECT
                            network: Connecting http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/l90servlet;jsessionid=c0a8001522b9c43d83398f6f40d7b75fbdfb12d1bb0f with proxy=DIRECT
                            Forms Applet version is : 9.0.4.0
                            network: Connecting http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/l90servlet;jsessionid=c0a8001522b9c43d83398f6f40d7b75fbdfb12d1bb0f with proxy=DIRECT
                            basic: Loaded image: jar:http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/f90all.jar!/oracle/forms/icons/frame.gif
                            basic: Applet started
                            basic: Told clients applet is started
                            network: Cache entry not found [url: http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/frmall.jar, version: null]
                            network: Connecting http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/frmall.jar with proxy=DIRECT
                            java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/frmall.jar
                                 at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
                                 at sun.plugin.PluginURLJarFileCallBack.downloadJAR(Unknown Source)
                                 at sun.plugin.PluginURLJarFileCallBack.access$000(Unknown Source)
                                 at sun.plugin.PluginURLJarFileCallBack$2.run(Unknown Source)
                                 at sun.plugin.PluginURLJarFileCallBack.retrieve(Unknown Source)
                                 at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.URLJarFile.retrieve(Unknown Source)
                                 at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.URLJarFile.getJarFile(Unknown Source)
                                 at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarFileFactory.get(Unknown Source)
                                 at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
                                 at sun.plugin.net.protocol.jar.CachedJarURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
                                 at sun.plugin.net.protocol.jar.CachedJarURLConnection.getJarFileInternal(Unknown Source)
                                 at sun.plugin.net.protocol.jar.CachedJarURLConnection.getJarFile(Unknown Source)
                                 at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath$JarLoader.getJarFile(Unknown Source)
                                 at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath$JarLoader.access$800(Unknown Source)
                                 at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath$JarLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
                                 at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath$JarLoader.ensureOpen(Unknown Source)
                                 at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath$JarLoader.<init>(Unknown Source)
                                 at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath$3.run(Unknown Source)
                                 at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath.getLoader(Unknown Source)
                                 at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath.getLoader(Unknown Source)
                                 at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath.getResource(Unknown Source)
                                 at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader$2.run(Unknown Source)
                                 at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.findClassHelper(Unknown Source)
                                 at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
                                 at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
                                 at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
                                 at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
                                 at oracle.forms.handler.UICommon.instantiate(Unknown Source)
                                 at oracle.forms.handler.UICommon.onCreate(Unknown Source)
                                 at oracle.forms.handler.ButtonItem.onCreate(Unknown Source)
                                 at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.onCreateHandler(Unknown Source)
                                 at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.processMessage(Unknown Source)
                                 at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.processSet(Unknown Source)
                                 at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.onMessageReal(Unknown Source)
                                 at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.onMessage(Unknown Source)
                                 at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.processEventEnd(Unknown Source)
                                 at oracle.ewt.lwAWT.LWComponent.redispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
                                 at oracle.ewt.lwAWT.LWComponent.processEvent(Unknown Source)
                                 at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
                                 at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
                                 at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
                                 at java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.redispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
                                 at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source)
                                 at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.preDispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source)
                                 at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.typeAheadAssertions(Unknown Source)
                                 at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
                                 at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
                                 at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
                                 at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
                                 at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
                                 at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
                                 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
                                 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
                                 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
                                 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
                                 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
                                 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
                            network: Cache entry not found [url: http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/frmall.jar, version: null]
                            network: Connecting http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/frmall.jar with proxy=DIRECT
                            network: Cache entry found [url: http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/fjtable.jar, version: null] prevalidated=false/0
                            network: Connecting http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/fjtable.jar with proxy=DIRECT
                            network: ResponseCode for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/fjtable.jar : 304
                            network: Encoding for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/fjtable.jar : null
                            network: Disconnect connection to http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/fjtable.jar
                            cache: Reading Signers from 946 http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/fjtable.jar | E:\Documents and Settings\Arif\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\1\5195b381-6fb9a67b.idx
                            cache: Read manifest for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/fjtable.jar: read=690 full=690
                            cache: Mark prevalidated: http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/fjtable.jar true tm=1293605687734 cert=1200999545000
                            network: Cache entry found [url: http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/simpleFTP.jar, version: null] prevalidated=false/0
                            network: Connecting http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/simpleFTP.jar with proxy=DIRECT
                            network: ResponseCode for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/simpleFTP.jar : 304
                            network: Encoding for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/simpleFTP.jar : null
                            network: Disconnect connection to http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/simpleFTP.jar
                            cache: Reading Signers from 921 http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/simpleFTP.jar | E:\Documents and Settings\Arif\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\4\51a771c4-2bebf434.idx
                            cache: Read manifest for http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/simpleFTP.jar: read=266 full=266
                            cache: Mark prevalidated: http://192.168.0.21:8889/forms90/java/simpleFTP.jar true tm=1293605687796 cert=1226656577000
                            More
                            I get no changes. It is as before and the restricted forms are not coming i.e., the forms which don't run remain same.
                            Arif
                            • 11. Re: The Application's digital certificate can not be verified.
                              Michael Ferrante-Oracle
                              Apparently, you are not reading what I am posting.

You CANNOT use 1.6.0 with Forms 9.0 and expect it to work correctly. You MUST use an older JRE.

Here is what was certified to work with Forms 9.0.4. Read it carefully.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/forms/clientsod-forms10g-094744.html

Also, it appears that you are trying to run an app which uses custom java beans. If these beans were created with a newer JDK then you likely will be faced with another problem because the newer bean will need a newer JRE, but as mentioned you cannot do this wil an OLD Forms version.

Once you overcome these two issues then you can troubleshoot in a more logical manner. Trying to troubleshoot something that isn't intended to work make little sense.

If you want to use JRE 1.6, you need to move to Forms 10.1.2.3 or 11.1.1.x. Both versions are available on OTN for download. Be sure to carefully review the "Term of Use" information.
                              • 12. Re: The Application's digital certificate can not be verified.
                                Hello,

I read you carefully. You understand i am in trouble.

In your provided link i found that i can run forms 9.0 only with IE-6 and in your words you said that --
                                You CANNOT use 1.6.0 with Forms 9.0 and expect it to work correctly. You MUST use an older JRE.
                                Now please tell me which JRE i need to install for Forms 9.0 version??? And can I run with this JRE in IE-8???

Please help if you can!

Arif
                                • 13. Re: The Application's digital certificate can not be verified.
                                  Michael Ferrante-Oracle
                                  I'm sorry, but I continue to remain confused by your questioning. You said:
                                  I read you carefully. . . . i can run forms 9.0 only with IE-6 . . .
                                  But then say:
                                  ...Now please tell me which JRE i need to install for Forms 9.0 version??? And can I run with this JRE in IE-8???
                                  The url I provided explains which versions of the browser and JRE were tested (certified) to be used together and appeared to work correctly. If you do not see a particular configuration noted in that list, you can assume that it was not tested and therefore was not likely supported.

So, in short and looking at the above URL, I can see that the newest versions certified with IE and the JRE using the Forms 9.0.4 series would be something like this:

<li> Internet Explorer 6
                                  <li> Sun JRE 1.4.2_xx
                                  <li> Forms 9.0.4.2

It is important to realize that Forms 9.0.x was desupported long before IE8 and JRE 1.6 were released. You cannot expect that an old version of any product would work with a new version of another. As any product evolves, backward compatibility sometimes becomes impossible. As I mentioned several times, if you have a need to use Forms with IE8 and JRE 1.6, then you will need to upgrade Forms to at least 10.1.2.3 or newer. If you cannot use Forms 10, then you will need to use an older browser and JRE.

I am not suggesting that your exact failure is the result of the compatibility issue resulting from the above mixture of versions, but I would certainly not recommend using such a configuration as it would very likely expose problems. Upgrading and staying somewhat current is very important if you plan to expect ongoing support and stability.

I hope this helps to clarify the situation.
                                  • 14. Re: The Application's digital certificate can not be verified.
                                    Yes!

You are all right. I have nothing to do except upgrading forms to 10g (10.1.2.3) or latest. This will support IE7 & IE8.

But I am still confused, why my maximum forms run in form 9.0.2 with JRE 1.6 in IE7 & IE8. even in Mozilla 3.6.13 ! Only few forms on my application do not runs and shows
                                    the titled thread. Can you explain a little to clarify me? If yes then please do.

Arif
                                    1 2 Previous Next