1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 23, 2010 11:20 AM by Udo

Change request - specify config directory in listenerConfigure

Please... oh please... could the dev team allow the config directory to be specified on the listenerConfigure screen.

Defaulting config.dir to ${java.io.tmpdir},
      The effort needed to persuade the listener away from /tmp/apex, see How to change apex-config.xml location
      And the fact that without changing config.dir, the listener will crash after a few days when the OS tidies up /tmp

Must surely make this a candidate for enhancing. (Or fixing depending on your point of view!)
        • 1. Re: Change request - specify config directory in listenerConfigure
          Udo
          Hello Roland,

I agree that the problem concerning the initialization for a different config file location should be fixed. But though I'm not familiar with the code for the Listener, I don't see a way to make the config file location available as part of the online configuration. The web.xml is a common place for parameters in web applications. But once loaded, you can't change such values at runtime. On the other hand, if you depend on entering a value after starting the application, how would you make that changes persistent, so you don't have to re-enter on every startup?

-Udo