1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2012 8:55 AM by 929037 Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Region Display Selector with list no tabs
        fac586
        can i switch from theme10 3.1 to theme10 4.0?
        Yes, but you'd be better off creating theme 10 from scratch as there are likely to be more differences than just the page template CSS references.

1. If you've made any changes in your app's current version of theme 10, or created any custom templates, then export the theme and re-import it under another number (e.g. 101).
        2. Switch the app theme to the newly imported theme 101 (or any other theme if there are no customisations to recover).
        3. Delete the existing theme 10.
        4. Re-create theme 10 from the repository (this will give you the APEX 4.0 version).
        5. Copy any custom templates from the theme 101 to the new theme 10, and apply any other changes made in 101 to 10.
        6. Switch the app theme from 101 to 10.

There's definitely some potential for confusion in this area ({thread:id=1117102}—I notice Marc from the APEX team specifically mentions the Region Display Selector template there), as the Create Theme wizard doesn't give the option to select themes when a theme with the corresponding number exists in the app—even when the actual themes are totally different as in themes 1, 2, etc.
        • 16. Re: Region Display Selector with list no tabs
          ATD
          I was just going to suggest changing the page template, check if all is ok and either keep the change if it is, or undo the change if it's not!
          • 17. Re: Region Display Selector with list no tabs
            fac586
            I was just going to suggest changing the page template, check if all is ok and either keep the change if it is, or undo the change if it's not!
            As well as the CSS changes (including theme-specific interactive report styles), there are a number of new templates (e.g. non-table-based page layouts, Nested Region, Two Column Portlet report etc). There are also additional class values buried in template HTML that are required as jQuery selectors for dynamic actions etc. Better to go with a full clean APEX 4.0 theme and avoid the any further compatibility problems of this type.
            • 18. Re: Region Display Selector with list no tabs
              lukx
              Hi Andy and Paul,
              many thanks for the answer.

For un immediate solution, i modify my page's template and all works fine (i haven't custom template on my application).

I will use the Paul's method in the future on another application where I have some custom templates.

Many Thanks AGAIN
              lukx
              • 19. Re: Region Display Selector with list no tabs
                ATD
                OK, Lukx,

Andy
                • 20. Re: Region Display Selector with list no tabs
                  ATD
                  You're probably right, of course, but best do things like that bit by bit
                  • 21. Re: Region Display Selector with list no tabs
                    its not working
                    at me
                    its the same
                    li bullets
                    1 2 Previous Next