1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 30, 2010 5:27 PM by jschellSomeoneStoleMyAlias RSS

Java crashes with C++ Runtime Error (std::terminate)

Hello,

May be I write to wrong addressee, because the error is caused by product not regarding to Oracle, but
      it leads JVM crushes. Suppose, JVM should handle such situations correctly. So, may be you just give me an advice what to do and
      where to look at.

Whell, I used Adobe Flash Builder (with Eclipse) and everything was OK, but recently I've got an annoying thing. I don't relly know what to do.

I installed eclipse (Helios) and also installed Flash Builder Plugin. Everything worked properly.
      But something happend (don't know what exactly happend) and now when I start eclipse it shows progress bar and
      when it start loading flex builder (exact: com.adobe.flexbuilder.ui, it is shown in splash) JVM just crushes with C++ Runtime Error (std::terminate).

I use last java release 1.6.0_23. I tried different packages of eclipse, nothing helps.

Please, could any kind soul help me?

Thank you.
        • 1. Re: Java crashes with C++ Runtime Error (std::terminate)
          jschellSomeoneStoleMyAlias
          user13544006 wrote:
          Hello,

May be I write to wrong addressee, because the error is caused by product not regarding to Oracle, but
          it leads JVM crushes. Suppose, JVM should handle such situations correctly. So, may be you just give me an advice what to do and
          where to look at.
          The java forums are not product support forums. They are support forums for those that create java applications.
          Whell, I used Adobe Flash Builder (with Eclipse) and everything was OK, but recently I've got an annoying thing. I don't relly know what to do.

I installed eclipse (Helios) and also installed Flash Builder Plugin. Everything worked properly.
          But something happend (don't know what exactly happend) and now when I start eclipse it shows progress bar and
          when it start loading flex builder (exact: com.adobe.flexbuilder.ui, it is shown in splash) JVM just crushes with C++ Runtime Error (std::terminate).
          Ill behaved C++ code can cause the VM to exit. The problem however is not the VM.
          And the OS can terminate an application as well. Any application. Those would not be a VM problem either (not if it originates from JNI code.)

That said Adobe Flash always has interesting problems. It is possible that a flash update (nothing to do with java) is the source of your problem.