3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2003 6:29 PM by 101342 RSS

PARTIAL CONTEXT RETURNS NULL

hi guys

i have a problem with partial page rendering when using it with tables.
      i have no problem when using partial page rendering with the hideshow and lov components , but in the case of table the partial page context returns null.

what i need to do is to enter data into editable fields in a row within a table. and when the insert button is of that row is pressed the components in the row need to be refreshed.

here is the uix code of the table in question.
        <table xmlns="http://xmlns.oracle.com/uix/ui"
                                   data:tableData="dummyrow@dummydata"
                                   nameTransformed="false" width="100%" id="ppr" partialRenderMode="self">

<contents>

<lovInput columns="10" name="id.code" destination="idlov.uix" id="id.code" data:text="idcode@ctrl:httpSession"/>
                                         <textInput name="id.name" id="id.name" data:text="idname@ctrl:httpSession"/>
                                         <textInput name="identification" id="identification"/>
                                         <submitButton text="Insert" ctrl:event="insert" unvalidated="true" id="submit"/>
                                         </contents>
                                      </table>
      on the java side when the insert button is pressed the follwoing method handles the event.
      the partial page context within that method returns null.
      public static EventResult onIdInsert(BajaContext context, 
                                                       Page page,
                                                       PageEvent event){

PartialPageContext pcontext = PartialPageEventUtils.getPartialPageContext(
                                                          context);                                         

this is only part of the method which causes the problem.
      the pcontext in this case returns null.

what do u think is the reason for this? i am sure i am not doing something right and maybe this is not the way to do it at all .
      could u shed some light on this, suggest the easiest way to get this working.

thanks a lot
      indrika

• 1. Re: PARTIAL CONTEXT RETURNS NULL
          In JDev 9.0.3, <submitButton> cannot initiate a partial page rendering request, though in JDev 10g, you'll be able to configure it to do so. Clicking it always refresh the full page. So the behavior you're seeing is what I'd expect for the "insert" event.
          • 2. Re: PARTIAL CONTEXT RETURNS NULL
            hi adam

regarding my problem ..
            in my particular case i requre that the whole page not be refreshed when the data is submitted.
            Is there any way that i can do this ..
            without using the submit Button is there any other component i can used to submit the data.
            the data i need to submit is only of a particular row.

thanks

indrika

• 3. Re: PARTIAL CONTEXT RETURNS NULL
              In JDev 10g, yes, you can do this. We provide
              a <firePartialAction> element that lets you do
              just this sort of thing.

In JDev 9.0.3, no, it's not possible; the
              APIs to submit a page while only performing
              a partial page refresh are not exposed.