8 Ответы Последний ответ: 31.12.2010 17:59, автор: Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

spfile with autoconfig

DOA
      Hi experts,

I have 10g DB with 11i ebs on AIX.

when I start my db through addbctl.sh it internally call adstrtdb.sql.
      In adstrtdb.sql it called pfile to start the db. I need to change it to spfile so that next time if i run this .sh to start db then my db will up through spfile not from pfile.

got MOS How to use an SPfile with Auto Config ? [ID 457257.1], but did'nt got the logic.

Any suggestion into this WELCOME !!!!!!

thanks in ADV
        • 1. Re: spfile with autoconfig
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          got MOS How to use an SPfile with Auto Config ? [ID 457257.1], but did'nt got the logic.

Any suggestion into this WELCOME !!!!!!
          The logic is not to have any initialization parameter in the pfile, and just have one line that points to the spfile.

Please also see (Can a SPFILE be used with the E-Business Suite Database ? [ID 780576.1]).

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: spfile with autoconfig
            DOA
            Hi hussein,

thanks for your prompt reply.

so you mean to say that I need to make changes in adstrtdb.sql like:

startup pfile=/oracle/testdb/102/dbs/initTEST.ora

to

startup spfile=/oracle/testdb/102/dbs/spfileTEST.ora

please suggest!
            • 3. Re: spfile with autoconfig
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              so you mean to say that I need to make changes in adstrtdb.sql like:

startup pfile=/oracle/testdb/102/dbs/initTEST.ora
              Do not edit the adstrtdb.sql file.
              startup spfile=/oracle/testdb/102/dbs/spfileTEST.ora
              Take a backup of initTEST.ora, remove all the lines from this file, and have one line only --> spfile=/oracle/testdb/102/dbs/spfileTEST.ora

Make sure you create the spfile from pfile first to make sure it is up to date.

Thanks,
              Hussein
              • 4. Re: spfile with autoconfig
                DOA
                Hi hussein,

so after doing all this what u suggested.

If I run autoconfig on db site, autoconfig is not going to change any thing and my db will up through spfile only on next startup ?/

please clarify...

thanks for all suggestion
                • 5. Re: spfile with autoconfig
                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                  AutoConfig will not update the pfile and your spfile entry will remain the same.

Since this is your TEST instance, you could try it yourself and update the thread then.

Thanks,
                  Hussein
                  • 6. Re: spfile with autoconfig
                    DOA
                    Hi hussein,

done all steps successfully also run autoconfig and this did'nt chage the entry in pfile.

I am able to get my db up by spfile through addbctl.sh.

but the only problem is when i will create pfile from spfile whenever next time, it will update this pfile and drama start again like previous.

is there any permanent solution for this.....

What I have done on TEST instance can I move the same on PROD ?? is it recomonded ????

Please suggest !

Thanks
                    • 7. Re: spfile with autoconfig
                      Helios-GunesEROL
                      Hi user;
                      done all steps successfully also run autoconfig and this did'nt chage the entry in pfile.
                      I am able to get my db up by spfile through addbctl.sh.
                      but the only problem is when i will create pfile from spfile whenever next time, it will update this pfile and drama start again like previous.
                      If you will create pfile from spfile, so than go and rename pfile as pfile_org, than this drama wont start
                      What I have done on TEST instance can I move the same on PROD ?? is it recomonded ????
                      Make some test on your Test instance and if you dont face any issue(i belive u wont have any issue) than do it on PROD

Regard
                      Helios
                      • 8. Re: spfile with autoconfig
                        Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

What do you mean? Please elaborate more.
                        Yes you can -- Make sure you take a backup before implementing this solution.

Thanks,
                        Hussein