7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2011 6:41 AM by 827866

Closing PR After Approved

Hi Everybody ..

We have a collection of Purchasing Requisitions which are approved. For some reasons we need to close these requisitions (Not Finally Close). Do you have any ideas for closing these Purchasing requisitions and reopen it in future?

Best Regards ..
      Ahmed
        • 1. Re: Closing PR After Approved
          Could you please fine for me a solution for that ??

h1. Thanks
          • 2. Re: Closing PR After Approved
            Following are different status of PR:

Cancel - If you use on-line requisitions, and you cancel a purchase order you did not receive or pay at all, Purchasing cancels the requisition lines associated with the purchase order if the Cancel Requisitions check box is selected
            Close - You can close at the header, release, line, and shipment levels.
            Close for Invoicing - You can close for invoicing at the header, release, line, and shipment levels
            Close for Receiving - You can close for receiving at the header, release, line, and shipment levels
            Finally Close - You can final close at the header, release, line, and shipment levels.
            Freeze - You can freeze only at the header and release level, You freeze a purchase order when you want to prevent any future modifications to the purchase order
            On Hold - You can place a purchase order on hold only at the header level. This unapproves the purchase order while preventing printing, receiving, invoicing, and future approval until you remove the hold.
            Open - You can open at the header, line, and shipment levels.
            Open for Invoicing - You can reopen for invoicing at the header, line, and shipment level.
            Open for Receiving - You can reopen for receiving at the header, line, and shipment level.
            Release Hold - You can release a hold only at the header level.
            Unfreeze - You can unfreeze only at the header and release levels.

Use as per your requirement but i think we cant close temporarlaly

regards,
            oraerp.com
            • 3. Re: Closing PR After Approved
              Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
              You can return it to the requestor. Will that work?
              • 4. Re: Closing PR After Approved
                So, there is an option to h2. close the requisition (just close it) and reopen it again.

how can I do it?
                if you consider these requisitions are h1. Approved
                gives the solution, if applicable ..

thanks for your response.

Edited by: Ahmed on Jan 23, 2011 4:13 AM
                • 5. Re: Closing PR After Approved
                  Hi Sandeep ..

I think we cannot return it to requester while it's approved. If you think that we can do it please just write it.

I need to tell you that I would like change the status of requisitions is h1. CLOSED

thnx for your immediate help.
                  • 6. Re: Closing PR After Approved
                    Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
                    You can go to the autocreate workbench in the purchasing responsibility.
                    Pull up the requisitions.
                    Go to tools > return.

Hope this answers your question
                    Sandeep Gandhi
                    Omkar Technologies Inc.
                    1 person found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: Closing PR After Approved
                      welcome back Sandeep ..

I think your observation is clear and fine. thanks a lot Sandeep