9 Replies Latest reply: Apr 27, 2012 10:31 AM by 933750 RSS

ODAC 11.2 Release 3 (11.2.0.2.1) OracleConnection throwing errors

Hi,

I just upgraded to the ODAC 11.2 Release 3 (11.2.0.2.1) with Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio. I am running Visual Studio 2010 and have an application that ran fine with the beta ODAC release 3. I completely uninstalled ODAC and the Oracle Client. I downloaded the latest client and then installed the latest ODAC release. Now the same OracleConnection objects are throwing errors:

Using .NET 3.5 with the Oracle 2.112.2.0 driver I am getting one error at the catch block:
      1. [Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException] = {"Data provider internal error(-3000) [System.String]"}

Using the .NET 4.112.2.0 driver I am getting two separate errors at:
      1. AT conn.Open() while debugging; - "AccessViolationException was unhandled: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt."
      2. And one at the catch block: OracleException ex - "[Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException] = {"ORA-24309: already connected to a server"}"

StackTrace = " at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException.HandleErrorHelper(Int32 errCode, OracleConnection conn, IntPtr opsErrCtx, OpoSqlValCtx* pOpoSqlValCtx, Object src, String procedure, Boolean bCheck)
      at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException.HandleError(Int32 errCode, OracleConnection conn, IntPtr opsErrCtx, Object src)
      at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection.Open()

tnsnames.ora

NAME =
      (DESCRIPTION =
      (ADDRESS_LIST =
      (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = [IP ADDRESS])(PORT = 1521))
      )
      (CONNECT_DATA =
      (SERVICE_NAME = [service name])
      )
      )

sqlnet.ora
      SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NONE)
      NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES, EZCONNECT)

ConnectionString: connectionString="Data Source=[NAME];User Id=[user];Password=[pw]" providerName="Oracle.DataAccess.Client"

Client OS:
      Windows 7 x64
      .NET 4.0 compiling in x86 mode.
      Oracle Database 11g Release 2 Client (11.2.0.1.0) for Microsoft Windows (32-bit)
      ODAC 11.2 Release 3 (11.2.0.2.1)

Nothing has changed in my code which worked fine with the same parameters before the upgrade. Anyone have any thoughts on these errors?

Thanks!