This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
I need to drop a temporary tablespace because it is not in use.REALLY?
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM DBA_USERS WHERE TEMPORARY_TABLESPACE = '<temp_name>';
post results from SQL above
Do these steps, I have used sample file name and location, you can update accordingly;
1. SELECT * FROM DATABASE_PROPERTIES WHERE PROPERTY_NAME LIKE '%TEMP%';
2. SELECT FILE_NAME FROM DBA_TEMP_FILES WHERE TABLESPACE_NAME='TEMP';
3. #rm temp01.dbf
4. CREATE TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP1 TEMPFILE '/u01/app/oracle/oradata/orcl/temp1.dbf' size 1024M;
5. ALTER DATABASE DEFAULT TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP1;
6. DROP TABLESPACE TEMP INCLUDING CONTENTS AND DATAFILES;
sb.... I already did that, every users are using other tablespace.
Just try following command.
DROP TABLESPACE tbs_01