8 Replies Latest reply: Jul 26, 2012 7:34 AM by 941996 RSS

Add more details in the FYI

HST
      Hello,
      Would any body please assist in how to customize the seeded FYI notification to show the request details in the body of the notification. For example, to display the employee number, his organization, his requested leave start & end date.... etc..

and if i need to add these details for the SIT Function and since every SIT structure has a different details how to achieve that for them all.. ( to show different details for different structure)?

Detailed steps explanation would be much appreciated

By the way, I am currently going through workflowfaq.com, although your help would be supportive
      Thanks a lot
        • 1. Re: Add more details in the FYI
          If All that you want is add some more details to you notification, just add attributes and use those attributes in the message body of the notification, make sure you populate the attributes before you use them in the notification ....

-- Tom
          • 2. Re: Add more details in the FYI
            HST
            What about the difference between structures?
            would you please give me the steps to be done for adding the attributes and using the new notification?

thnx a lot
            • 3. Re: Add more details in the FYI
              SarojaKandepuneni
              Right click on the Message and create a new attribute of Type 'Source' and provide the value.
              If the value need be set run time then refer the value from Item Attribute.
              In the message body you can specify these attributes as &AttributeName
              • 4. Re: Add more details in the FYI
                Thanks all for your response..

I have some questions... please note that this is my first assignment in the workflow so patient my silly questions..
                I have open the workflow builder, connect to the test instance then Load the HR and system: mailer.

Both of them having notifications & messages.
                which one should I customize?

Plus, in my case i am trying to show the details of the request in the FYI notification. (these details are the same as the ones that are shown in the approver notification)
                what i did is that i traced the FYI & the Approver notification internal names..
                HR_EMBED_RN_NTF_APPR_MSG
                HR_NOTIFY_ONAPPR_FWD_MSG1

these notifications are under the HR. I created a copy from the seeded HR_NOTIFY_ONAPPR_FWD_MSG1 and added these attributes:
                HR_NTF_EMBEDDED_REGION
                HR_EMBEDDED_REGION

am i in the correct path till now or not??
                how could i link my FYI notifications to the one i created?
                should i now copy the seeded message in the system: mailer and add call my new attribute to be shown>

is there any missing steps i need to do?

Thanks in advance
                • 5. Re: Add more details in the FYI
                  NoLongerActive
                  Hi,
                  HST wrote:
                  Both of them having notifications & messages.
                  which one should I customize?
                  Message = the contents that you want to send
                  Notification = the envelope that you put the message in.

So, if you are looking to change the contents of the message, change the message; if you want to change who it goes to, then change the notification.

HST wrote:
                  Plus, in my case i am trying to show the details of the request in the FYI notification. (these details are the same as the ones that are shown in the approver notification)
                  what i did is that i traced the FYI & the Approver notification internal names..
                  HR_EMBED_RN_NTF_APPR_MSG
                  HR_NOTIFY_ONAPPR_FWD_MSG1

these notifications are under the HR. I created a copy from the seeded HR_NOTIFY_ONAPPR_FWD_MSG1 and added these attributes:
                  HR_NTF_EMBEDDED_REGION
                  HR_EMBEDDED_REGION

am i in the correct path till now or not??
                  how could i link my FYI notifications to the one i created?
                  should i now copy the seeded message in the system: mailer and add call my new attribute to be shown>
                  I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but in answer to the last question - no. Do not touch the system mailer workflow. Assuming that this is the HR/HRSSA workflow, you need to change the that one and no others.

HTH,

Matt
                  • 6. Re: Add more details in the FYI
                    Ok, how i can tell the system to use the customized message instead of the seeded one?
                    Appreciated your help
                    • 7. Re: Add more details in the FYI
                      HST
                      When i included the same embedded region that was used in the approver message i got in the top of the FYI notification:
                      This notification is not available as it has been already completed and approved

It seems that this region is inactive after the final approval...
                      I still need to show up the region of the Special Information of the request.

any advice / idea???
                      • 8. Re: Add more details in the FYI
                        Hi, Was this issue resolved? Im facing the same issue.

R