This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 11, 2011 8:37 PM by handat RSS

How to install Glassfish V3.0.1 on Linux (especially Red Hat)

829104 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have to install an application server e.g. Glassfish V3.0.1 on Red Hat (Version number 4.1.2-48).
Does anyone know how to install this appserver on a vm. I have downloaded this in my home directory but i am not sure where to install it and if i have to consider any relevant issues. Acces to this VM is passed by Putty, so i haven't any gui client. Therefore i think it should be the best to install via silent mode

Regards Ünhan
  • 1. Re: How to install Glassfish V3.0.1 on Linux (especially Red Hat)
    829104 Newbie
    As i was curios i have tried the installation with silent mode, but it hasn't worked. My system wanted from me a display variable and i havn't found a hint how to set this display variable. Therefore i've grabbed the zip file and unpacked it. The next humble was the configuration on a non-Gui-environment. asadmin have noticed that port 4848 was in use. But any examinations about it was unsuccesful, the port seems to be not in use. I am astonished how difficult it has be to install a glassfish server on linux. Actually we are using tomcat and was curios which system would be the best and this was our motivation to install glassfish server. My hope is not broken to succeed the configuration of glassfish. It would be helpful if anyone would comment my thoughts or could give me a hint ,-)

Best regards Ünhan
  • 2. Re: How to install Glassfish V3.0.1 on Linux (especially Red Hat)
    handat Expert
    The -console option usually helps for command line install.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points